Dwarskloof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droffarc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X
I was unable to attend the Canola Run as organized by the folks in Caledon but I was able to get away and decided to check out the Dwarskloof as shown on my map. As usual along the N1 to Klapmuts and on to Franschoek. On the N1 I had to endure a roadblock. It was obvious that the roadblock was targeted to bikes since all the cars went through and only the bike ahead of me and I had to produce licences. I told the traffic officer that it would cost him 10c to see it â?? Iâ??m not cheap.

I stopped to look at the raised water level of the Theewaterskloof dam. (see photos of previous years for comparison).

p1010055ca6.jpg

17theewatersbridgereviscf5.jpg

In Greytonâ??s main road I encountered this 1200GS. Somehow I get the impression that the rider opted for a mudbath. The right mirror tells me it was not all that pleasant.

p1010062vf2.jpg

p1010072xs2.jpg

At this bridge earlier I met up with a pair of Africa Twins, both with pillions, and we had a short chat. One rider indicated the the other route to Helderstroom was closed. I made up my mind to test the validity of this statement.

In fact the road is not closed, and is as scenic as always. There is petrol available at Helderstroom.

p1010084ag0.jpg

Back on tar I headed for the Hawston View road

dwarskloofmapwf3.jpg

See more at https://droffarc.wetpaint.com