KLE 500 - GPZ 500 Engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tr0jan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Has anyone here done anything to increase power on their KLE's

Ive done the following:

1) Ive changed from a DR8 plug, to a DR9 plug, slightly hotter, and i can actually feel a better rev range.

2) dropped from a 17 tooth, to a 16 tooth in the front, didnt work as well, cause top speed is compromised - it revs quicker, but speed did not really pick up. (maybe 6 speed gearbox makes the 16 tooth useless, cause running in 5th is like having a 16 tooth)

3) Worked on the airbox, major f-up. it has CVK carbs. and changing the air intake, makes the bike flood or something, it just doesnt want to run.

Now some questions :

1) Will just changing the zorst give me more top end power? My bike stuggles above 140km/h.

2) If i change the zorst, do i need to change it from the start of the Y piece all the way to the end to remove all 3 cats? Cause another exaust expert told me, i should ONLY change the exhaust, else ill lose power?

3) has anyone had any success in changing the carbs to a different type?

4) ive looked at the gpz500 airbox, cause then i just need to change the jets. but the box wont fit.

What do you guys recommend for most power and least effort?
Just the zorst?
Full system or from the Y piece till end of the pipe and then a zorst?

Changing carbs and jets, seems to little power for all the effort...

Any comments will be appreciated.

I want to be able to cruise at 160, and if a hill climb comes, stay at 160 :)