Motorworks Mudguard Extender

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hey

So having missed the Fender Extenders a short while back, I decided to get my own, as I wanted something to help keep the bike as clean as humanely possible. Motorworks.co.uk is another good suppluer for all BMW's, not only GS's, but also R's, and the Airheads, R100's, R80's etc.
Got online and ordered a GSA Fender Extender for mine, and one for Max's 1200 R.

3 weeks later, all here. Give or take R 220-00 each incl Postage.

Mine is the UK made product, it's a thick plastic Vac-formed unit, comes with two strips of double sided tape, and 4 Stainless Screws. I didn't like the glossy, shiny finish, and decided to scuff it up and give it a coat of the Textured Flat black Krylon Paint to try match up with the existing mudguard.

Then drilled 3 holes, stuck the thing on, and screwed it on with 2 small nuts and bolts, and the screw in the middle. Coated the screws with some black enamel. Job done. For R 220-00 it looks great, and with an extended 12 to 13 cm's lower, it'll surely catch a whole lot of additional mud and water which would have hut the front cover.. Sorted. :thumleft:

extender.jpg

extender1.jpg

extender2.jpg

extender3.jpg

extender4.jpg

Alan