First ride - Honda's 1200CT...Crash- p7+9 + Test Pics @ Rally Raid; Swazi; Moz..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buks

Race Dog
Reaction score
:biggrin: Yes, it's off course the new VFR1200X, but boy it does deserve to be called the "New Africa Twin" !!! :thumleft:
First of all thanks to Kleinbiekiewyn and Honda Wing George for an awesome day!!!  :thumleft:
We were 6 guys and I believe the other dwags will add their opinions to this - taking turns to ride the Crosstourer.
First the route: George- Outeniqua Pass - Paardebont- Odn and back via Montagu Pass to George (80% gravel).
There were 2 x STens; 1 x 1200GS; 1 x TransAlp 650 and my XR650 in the group.
We did a series of braking tests on quite hard gravel from 100km/h and swopping riders - the Crosstourer is in another league, managing to even beat the already great system on the STen consistantly by quite a margin!!!  :eek:
Everybody raved about:
1.   Power
2.   Smoothness
3.   Great handling
4.   Feels small and light !!!

My take: Yes, it does indeed feels (and looks next to a STen and GS) rather small and light - seriously!!!
It f*cks off !!! I had the traction control working overtime even on a straight - but it's never obstrusive - only the little yellow light tells you its controlling weelspin at a 160km/h on a straight!!! :eek7:
Extremely comfortable, although the suspension was surprisingly hard, but not uncomfortable (we haven't fiddled with it, so I believe you can dial it to your personal taste front and rear).

In summary: It surprised the socks of me....it's awesome!!! :thumleft: :thumleft: .....and I'm not even a Big bike fan!!! :peepwall:
Will post some pics tomorrow....