Too many Bikers Down - What's Going On..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
I actually don't know where to start but surely I cannot be the only one who has noticed the sudden increase of Accidents involving Motorcyclists.

About 3 weeks ago, a very close friend of our "Thursday Night" Group, was seriously injured when she was hit off her Bike by a Car in the Cape Town City Centre after the Eagles concert.

Again, the Driver of the Car says "Sorry but I did'nt see the Bike" He walks away but the lasting dreadful reality of this incident is that Sherri and her Doctors are still fighting to save her leg.
(Horrible Up-date but Sherri just let us know that Doctors will be doing the amputation of her lower Leg tomorrow morning - She is so brave - You in our prayers)

My daily ride in and around the Suburbs and the City traffic has recently become a nightmare..!

What the hell is going on in the Traffic..? Have we all lost all sense of our driving/riding responsibility..?

I cannot help noticing that "jumping" a Traffic Light or driving thru a Stop Street is just normal acceptable behaviour to all Road Users.

In the past 3 weeks, there have been very few days when the Cape Talk Traffic Report, morning and evening, have not mentioned that a Motorcyclist has been involved in an accident. In the past 5 days, I have heard of no less than 6 Bike related accidents just in the Cape Town Suburbs Area.

It is downright dangerous riding a Bike, I know that, but what could be the cause of all this Road Carnage..?

Who is too blame...?