Front end weave at speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiG DoM

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Ok so here is the symptom = at speeds over 120+ the scoot gets a weave  (rather than a wobble) increasing often with speed. Controllable but undesirable. The scoot did did not do this with the old tyres - Karoos. The new tyres are Dunlop Rally Raid D908 rear and Mich T63 in front. Both are now well run in and at first I thought it was the typical T63 symptom of needing to bed in (have used them in the past on the EishPeeTwee). My suspension is properly set-up both in terms of sag and the handbook settings. NOW HERE IS THE THING - if the weave starts and I shift my weight backwad it evens out ... ie lightening the front end? Or stabalising the rear?

Now I have not tried yet but  could reduce the rear dampening but am reluctant as it performs well in the rough. I have tried different tyre pressures and higher pressure in front does appear to help a little. This symptom has been the same even when loaded with a GL Cayote.

My mate Edgy says that it is the back wheel causing this and not unheard of with a D908?

Informed Inputs welcome.