Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husqvarna SA Dealership update  (Read 1293 times)

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Husqvarna SA Dealership update
« on: April 29, 2012, 08:38:51 am »
Last night at the BMW Bike Fest dinner in Grahamstown (over 550 bikes at this event and some awesome outrides) Rob Holder, MD for Motorrad, announced that an official Husky Dealership has been identified and awarded. Chatting with him later I learned that it had been a competative process with about four potential importers competing and pitching for the deal to ensure they get the best product delivery and backup. At this stage it will remain seperate from the BMW showrooms but be under their direct auspices. The new dealer will import and support all the latest Husky models, full spares and technical backup etc. Time will tell I guess but good news that there is definate movement here as to its future and committment to make it work. I do see that the new SA BMW Motorrad website has a clear Husqvarna link.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline dirtWarp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
Re: Husqvarna SA Dealership update
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:35:38 am »
Man! That's great news.
 :thumleft:

Offline S - 4 - B

• Fulltime MotardNut
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • I can't say no to Italian Hussies....
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:14:59 am »
Absobloodylutely !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumleft:

I was already stressing about what to buy when the 510 is all used up :imaposer:

Now at least it seems more people are going to have fun :pot:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:17:24 am by S - 4 - B »
Don't blame me for the name ....I was bullied into into it by J-Dog.....
"Change your name or ride a KTM"  he said , I changed my name !!!!

Hooligan Tools - Triumph Street Triple                                                                           Beta Evo 250 Trials

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 07:49:12 pm »
Eishhhhhhhhhhhh -- been a long long time overdue -----  :thumleft:
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline husky

• Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:45:14 am »
At last!

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 10:36:35 am »
Well based on the bitching about BMW support recently I wouldnt get your hopes up too high :peepwall:
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership”. RobZim

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 02:16:01 pm »
...that's why I said time will tell...
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 02:31:56 pm »
...that's why I said time will tell...

Too subtle I missed it  :biggrin:
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership”. RobZim

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 05:45:21 pm »
You ride a Husqvarna --Halls Racing is our friend -- 10 working days at half the price --delivered here in SA on many of the items  :mwink:
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline husky

• Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 06:59:19 pm »
May be interesting for the old Husky boys!  Life in the old dog yet.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=750399&page=66

That was when Huskies were proper Swedish steel.

Offline h˛/hh

• Bike: KTM 690 Enduro
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 12:18:56 pm »
Interesting, Why a separate dealership under BMW guidance? Here in Duisterland the birthplace of BMW, both brands are under the same roof and on the same floor. Just in there segregated little corners  ;D
800LG
PitBike - (690R)
F650GS Dakar (Rebuilt in progress)

"Too often ... would men boast only of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." - Louis L'Amour (1908-1988)

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 12:50:10 pm »
Interesting, Why a separate dealership under BMW guidance? Here in Duisterland the birthplace of BMW, both brands are under the same roof and on the same floor. Just in there segregated little corners  ;D

Ja I believe in Rome/Italy as well - the Vader and Papa lands seem to be happy to have them under the same family roof. The 'main suit did say that the aim is to get them together in the long term ... not sure though how this will work if you give the deal to someone and then later pull it???  ???

Offline Hennie

• Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
  • I am a Christian Zionist
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 01:16:17 pm »
Last night at the BMW Bike Fest dinner in Grahamstown (over 550 bikes at this event and some awesome outrides) Rob Holder, MD for Motorrad, announced that an official Husky Dealership has been identified and awarded. Chatting with him later I learned that it had been a competative process with about four potential importers competing and pitching for the deal to ensure they get the best product delivery and backup. At this stage it will remain seperate from the BMW showrooms but be under their direct auspices. The new dealer will import and support all the latest Husky models, full spares and technical backup etc. Time will tell I guess but good news that there is definate movement here as to its future and committment to make it work. I do see that the new SA BMW Motorrad website has a clear Husqvarna link.

So Dom, who is the newly appointed dealer, and where are they situated? Or is it still a secret?
Science finds God behind every door they open, but they open those doors long after men and women of faith have been there and gone - Wendy Wippel

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Zionism/christianzionism.html

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 04:10:35 pm »

So Dom, who is the newly appointed dealer, and where are they situated? Or is it still a secret?

Mottorad MD was not saying at this stage ....  8)

Offline BMWPE

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Port Elizabeth
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 05:05:37 pm »
Dom on stage at the Bike Fest
Rallye

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 11:24:45 am »
Just been on the phone with BMW ---- Things are starting to turn for Husqvarna SA -- ::)

Germany has awarded the Husqvarna Franchise to ----BMW South Africa ---- Sooo by the looks of things as was shared with me -- BMW is just busy sorting out all the finer details as to who is bringing them in etc and we can expect --and hope to see The new 2013 range on the floors of BMW Dealers --who want them --as for the older model spares etc --we will still have to use the existing network by the looks of things - This is indeed great news as we have not had a new Husqvana model in SA since 2010  ?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:20:21 pm by blazes »
Current Scooters --

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 12:08:09 pm »
Just been on the phone with BMW ---- Things are starting to turn for Husqvarna SA -- ::)

Germany has awarded the Husqvarna Franchise to ----BMW South Africa ---- Sooo by the looks of things as was shrsred with me -- BMW is just busy sorting out all the finer details as to who is bringing them in etc and we can expect --and hope to see The new 2013 range on the floors of BMW Dealers --who want them --as for the older model spares etc --we will still have to use the existing network by the looks of things - This is indeed great news as we have not had a new Husqvana model in SA since 2010  ?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread BMW SA MD Rob Holder said publically that the Husky's will not be on the BMW showroom floors (like they are already in some other countries!) but have been allocated to an independent importer and retailer ... so what you are saying is a bit confusing?  ???

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 02:24:26 pm »
Dont shoot the messenger -- as far as i was informed --- BMW SA -was given the dealership and as to how they are going to structure this -?????????????????  My source says he will have them on his floor ??? seperated or not ---i do not know --just glad to know something is happening --- 
Current Scooters --

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 02:37:16 pm »
No Sheriff here boet :D  I am mos also jus the messingjar laarnie  O0  I would not be surprised if the MD had the Husky by tail and was being wagged! I would ideally also  like to see them under the BMW roof from the start.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 03:01:51 pm »
 :imaposer: :imaposer:

Well Dom --lets just hope this one --whatever way it goes works out and that Husqvarna and its followers can just get a service and view bikes they want to buy not put your money down and wait for a bike you have not even ridden yet  ???

Hope that whoever sells them will give us --Loaners while our scoots are serviced hehe
Current Scooters --