Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Auxilry tank for 690??  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Hooli

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • --My faith is in GOD--
Re: Auxilry tank for 690??
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 02:21:08 pm »
Hi 777

See you asked where these subframe bolts fit/situated.
On the pics above just infront of the UNI name on stickers, you will see a bolt that holds the tank covers. That bolt actually screws into the subframe bolt under the seat. they all break as soon as you put the extra weight on the back and go through the ruff stuff. I broke mine with about an ekstra 10kg's on the back during this years Amageza. I was also warned but did not replace it until it actually did.
I got my from Rally Raid in UK for about just over R600. PSP Racing is busy manufacturing them locally and you can try him at 021-696 one eight nine one.

hope it helps.

cheers.
You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.                          
Bikes: Yamaha TZR250 2S / Katana 750 / CBR600 / CR250 / KTM200EXC / YZ250F / YZ250F '07 / KTM950 SE / Kymco TB100 Mod Scooter / KTM 990 / KTM 200XCW / KTM690E / Husaberg TE300 Current: KTM690 R / Husqvarna FE350.

Offline 777

• Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 11:00:16 am »
Hi 777

On the pics above just infront of the UNI name on stickers, you will see a bolt that holds the tank covers. That bolt actually screws into the subframe bolt under the seat. they all break as soon as you put the extra weight on the back and go through the ruff stuff. I broke mine with about an ekstra 10kg's on the back during this years Amageza. I was also warned but did not replace it until it actually did.
I got my from Rally Raid in UK for about just over R600. PSP Racing is busy manufacturing them locally and you can try him at 021-696 one eight nine one.

hope it helps.

cheers.
Txs for the info, was looking ofr those bolts seems a mission to find a supplier
TS 50- Gave away
RM 125- Not sure where it is.
IT 200- Sold.
XT 550- Sold.
CR 250-Sold. RMX 250-Sold WR 250-Sold. CFR 450x-Sold. CRF 250x-Sold. XT 660R- Sold KTM 690 Enduro- Alfie Cox Special Edition .Honda XR 650L., WR450, Current bikes, KTM 500 Six Days and BMW 800GS

Offline Roadcat

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 02:08:50 pm »
Hi 777

hope it helps.

cheers.
Txs for the info, was looking ofr those bolts seems a mission to find a supplier

I second this. My bike has been behaving badly for a while now, suffering from unexpected "bum waggling". Nothing too serious but enough to make me nervous.

I stripped the bike's back end this week and found one of the top bolts had sheared. Frustratingly there wasn't enough of the thread showing to grip it and I spent 4 frustrating house getting it out!  :angryfire: Moral of the story replace them BEFORE they snap! I'm in England so I bought top and bottom bolts from RR - cost about 80 including shipping via UPS.

Here's a handy hint to save some frustration - the bottom tank bolts are lock-tighted thread an insert which is circular and sits on a polyurethane(?) / rubber insert. To remove them loosen the one on the exhaust side first while the other is still tight, take it out and smear grease over it before putting it back and just nip it tight. Then remove the other bolt. Finally remove the greased up bolt again using an impact driver. The shock coupled with the grease is just enough to turn it without the insert just spinning uselessly round and round.
I don't like morning people... in fact I don't like mornings, or people!

KTM 690 Enduro
Yamaha XT500 (Undergoing surgery)

Offline m0ng00se

• My African Expedition
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 10:40:16 pm »
for those interested ... good video explaining the post above:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOBVgYVZJw4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DOBVgYVZJw4</a>
My African Expedition : http://uk2za.wordpress.com