Digging the VStrom!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermanator

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Ok, I'll confess, when I bought the VStrom, it was an interim measure and something soon to be replaced. It was bought as something to be used for commuting and a bit of, what we call in the UK, "green laning".

Then I got to scratch about with it and it blew me away, it was so capable. It goes anywhere, laughs at my efforts to unseat it and laps up any time offered to it on dirt roads.

It's an honest little bugger that, even when it hasn't been cleaned for a few weeks (very unusual in this household), it still delivers me to work without fault. There's ne'er so much as a click or stutter to be out of place and, without fail, I'll get to work with a grin on my face.

Then, the other day, my CEO doesn't make our two day session and, like finding R100 on the pavement, one doesn't want to waste these precious moments and thinks long and hard, how to best spend this unexpected windfall.

Well, the Strom got taken to the parlour and those chaps with power hoses and suds gave it a good seeing to. Got home, lathered and polished it and then gave it a healthy, long overdue loob job. Thought I'd give it a dose of the good stuff, the synthetic oil, reserved for the RT.

And this morning, boy did the little VStrom sing. You know when the motor is happy and with the chain well loobed, it runs like a swiss clock.

So, the point of this little verse is to praise the VStrom. So understated, so honest and reliable, yet also so capable and enormously entertaining.

Yep, I'm digging my Strom!

Lawrence