Letâ??s go fishing routes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trailrider

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
Today I was lucky enough to be shown around LGFâ??s valley. How nice to ride routes I have not seen before for a change. Thanks a lot LGF!  ;D

The road to Cloud 9 was the first gravel we took. It runs along the lake and there are lots of birdlife to be seen. It was a beautiful day and Spring is definitely here!

P9010080.jpg

The Varadero is an interesting bike. Itâ??s very comfy and powerful, but obviously very different from my bike. Itâ??s a lot of work taking such a beast through technical bits. â??Normalâ? conditions for me becomes an issue on such a heavy bike. I had an interesting moment right after I took this pic:

P9010089.jpg

While riding with one hand and taking photoâ??s with the other the bike hit a spot of soft sand. Putting my foot out did not have the same effect as on the 200â?¦ :eek: I grabbed a fist full of throttle and the knobblies powered me out. Close callâ?¦

On top of the hill the views were stunning.

P9010093.jpg

A shot for test ride article:

P9010092.jpg

You could see the whole of Sedgefield from here, including LGFâ??s house.

P9010097.jpg

Next up was a dirt road to Karatara

P9010107.jpg

While here we saw (and heard!) a Fish Eagle.  :D

P9010110.jpg

The little passes here run over the mountains and through the valleys, offering scenery that varies from idyllic streams to sweeping vistas.

P9010112.jpg

While here I saw a tree snake in the brush next to the road. Itâ??s spring and all the animals are out and about (including Wild dogs all over the country ;) ;D ). What a glorious day.

P9010111.jpg

From Karatara we followed the 7 passes road to Knysna. Homtini Pass is my favourite.

P9010113.jpg

While riding through the passes I happened on a troop of baboons. The babies ran screaming of the road. None were hit todayâ?¦ In Phantom pass we came around a bend and saw a Bushbuck in the road. It ran to the side and LGF and I watched it watching us. It was a beautiful doe.

We decided to have lunch at the Oyster Catcher in Knysna. Some other DS bikers had the same idea.

P9010118.jpg

P9010120.jpg

What more could one want? ;D And with such scenery.

P9010119.jpg

Lunch and beer for 2 on the waterfront for less than £6. We truly are blessed to live in this area. You guys living abroad â?? eat your hearts out. ;) ;D

Next up was a circular road running through the Knysna forest that LGF happened apon.

P9010126.jpg

This is a public road but there is no signage stating that it is a scenic route. Itâ??s just a random dirt road from the N2. It is beautiful and there is little traffic.

P9010133.jpg

This is a little side road that Iâ??ll explore when I have the Bushlander. There are quite a few of these.

P9010136.jpg

Next up was the Harkerville forest.

P9010143.jpg

The forest road runs all the way to the ocean. Did I mention it was a perfect day? ;D Pity we didnâ??t have the spring bash today. :-\

P9010165.jpg

P9010163.jpg

Thanks a stack LGF! Next time we do the rest.  ;D

P9010147.jpg