EXTREMELY BAD SERVICE FROM WHITE CLAY JUST OUTSIDE COFFEE BAY.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchalkL

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I promised everybody that I will have my say about this place and here it is:
We were 33 people visiting White Clay just outside of Coffee Bay over the past long week end.
Its a beautiful place, just a pitty the management is such a screw-up.
OK, I will try staying with the facts otherwise I might start swearing and getting banned....

1. Many of tried booking and phoning with no results, not answering phones, the kitchen lady, Joice, taking bookings when then get lost and no one ever phones you back. I lost my original bungalow because of lost bookings,
2. Four people was booked from the thursday night with only me being extra a day early. When arriving there late Thursday evening after a 18hour drive this Karin woman first words was "What are you doing here, you are nog booked" WHAT THE HELL, we were paying customers!
3. After a bit of an argument over bookings (the campite was completely empty by the way) I asked her if we should leave because I felt very unwelcome and could not believe here attitude, only then she "accepted" our earlier arrival.
4. We asked for freezer space before hand and yes it was available only for me to found 10 braaipacks stolen the next morning. Funny enough the 120year old guard that was hanging around was not there the next day and was replaced by someone else, mmmm 1+1=2
5. As people started arriving the next day Karin would walk up to them and say "Who are you?" not hallo or welcome - No f@#$ manners!
6. We paid R180pppn for the bungalow and with me arriving 1 day early ALONE she charged me R400 rand for the night??????
7. This Karin B....h  basically "attacked" everybody the whole weekend, had all her bookings screwed up, accused people of not paying.
8. When ordering food at the restaurant she would come up to you and just say "YES", again no manners, and it looked like it was a huge effort for here to bring your beer and wine to the table, like she wanted you to collect it inside at the bar. I don't feel like saying it but the food was good.
9. By the way, her husband was a helle of a nice guy, poor bastard.

If you really want to go there, you should be ok if you make sure of your booking and your are not a big party thats confusing the shit out of them.

I did not stay at Hole in the Wall hotel but it looked excellent and there was this backpackers at Lubanzi that charged R100pppn for a very nice rondavel, the owners was friendly and accommodating, I will definitely stay there next time!! I will look for the pic of the place and post here.

I will invite my fellow travelers to say there piece on this thread and maybe mention some of the excellent other venues we saw along the coast.