Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Chrissiesmeer: Lake district of SA  (Read 332 times)

Offline naturebiker

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • At the end of the day.....
Chrissiesmeer: Lake district of SA
« on: May 03, 2012, 02:36:13 pm »
Ok, this is my first try at posting a RR....please have patience with the newbie.  :xxbah:

I had this inclination to return to Chrissiesmeer for two years and so started the planning, booked the venue, did the route planning as well as got a couple of good friend together.

This was planned for easter weekend with some godd riding, kuiers and some drinking of course.  :pot:

Eventually all was confirmed and even Problem Child had a new scooter after had an accident where his 1200 GS was written off.

We took to the road and landed in a very pleasant shoppie in Hendrina, lots of old stuff and good food.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 02:41:27 pm by naturebiker »
When we were young, we had the balls and no money. Now it is the opposite....

Offline Just_Plain_Dan

• Forum Vendor
  • Shop Mods
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Mr Kempton Park 1997
Re: Chrissiesmeer: Lake district of SA
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 02:59:21 pm »
A whole easter weekend and you only made it to hendrina?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Sub (I love that area)

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 03:14:40 pm »
yay naturebiker....i assume you are still putting the other 30 photos together???
My eerste baaik trip  saammet julle, voor die WILDDOGS.... sal ek nooit vergeet nie.... :thumleft:

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline naturebiker

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • At the end of the day.....
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 03:03:13 pm »
Ok, lets try to get past Hendrina....

We had a lekker long stop In Hendrina, lots of nice treats but is was time to move on. The road from Hendrina let is in the direction off Ermelo, turning to the left for Breyten and from there to the hamlet of Chrissiesmeer.

After a short gravel stretch we arrived at the venue for the weekend overlooking lake Chrissie, What a place to spend the weekend.

The first day we just loafed around and did some kuiering with the mates. Our hosts treated us to top class food the evening and off course we had some liquid refreshments with lots of banter.
When we were young, we had the balls and no money. Now it is the opposite....