Bob does Africa .... Part 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Uncle Bob

Continued from https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=9098.0

Ok, sorry for the LOOOOOOONG delay in typing and posting the final chapter of this report, but work has been crazy, and crashing my MX bike, cracking my right hand and tearing some ligaments in my wrist has taken some of my much valued time away from me.

Now as I remember we where on our way to go catch some mean tiger fishâ?¦

Well��.

Here it is��

67aa.jpg

Bugger still has nasty teeth though

67b.jpg

See the resemblance???

67c.jpg

We left Ugezi with no real idea of what lay ahead, it was a miserable rainy day and none of us were all to keen to venture too far from civilization(however relative the term is) especially as fuel was still a problem, the direction was to get to Beira â?? the route was unclear â?? but hey, thatâ??s what it is all about.

Kids at an impromptu rest next to the road.

68a.jpg

Black market fuel again(this guy was very nice â?? none of the usual black market Bullcrap)

68b.jpg

With some extra Zanzibar spice you can even make freeze dried food nice.

68c.jpg

69.jpg

69a.jpg

Hit some nasty rain again and when it cleared it was time to get out of the waterproofs and make some roadside coffee.

69b.jpg

69c.jpg

Made it to Beira and found a place for a coke and some Peri-Peri chiken, ended up sleeping in a pub's parking lot.

Lunch stop looking over the ocean and a shot to shit Beira(man that place suffered in the war)

70a.jpg

Camping

70b.jpg

Next morning and off to Vilankulo

80.jpg

Now heading towards Inhambane â?? stopped at the market for our â??usual breakfastâ? Poaâ??s(local bread), onions, tomato, boiled eggs and â?? Peri-peri â?? oh and some pineapple but more on that later.

We stopped (as usual) next to the road and put it all together.

The raw ingredients

81.jpg

The result

81a.jpg

82.jpg

Man thatâ??s good eating.

82a.jpg

AHA â?? and now the pineapple story,

In Tofo we bought some Tipo-Tinto (local rum sold in old whiskey bottleâ??s or in old coke â?buddyâ? bottles) coconut and we made this â??

83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

Man Maar dis LEKKER!!!!!!!!

86.jpg

The three amigos (we where getting along awesomely)

86a.jpg

We went out on an ocean safari (EVEN the BMW canâ??t go that deep in water) where we swam with whale sharks( man itâ??s a bigg-ass fish â?? we saw SMALL ones and the where 11 metres long) and dolphins.

86b.jpg

86c.jpg

The day to leave arrived all to soon (even though we farted about for 3 days longer than expected)

Sunrise over Tofo Beach

87.jpg

88.jpg

Heading for Bilene

88a.jpg

Our hero being contemplative

88b.jpg

Got to Bilene and started asking around for some sea food â?? well in the end we had to SUFFER through this meal â?? 2.5 Kgâ??s fresh prawns in Honey Peri-peri sauce, freash poaâ??s and salad â?? all from the local market â?? who needs woolieâ??s???

89.jpg

Heading towards and into Swaziland

90.jpg

90a.jpg

Swazi Sunset

91.jpg

Me taking the above picture

91a.jpg

Man was it cold in those mountains â?? especially after the Moz beach wheather

90b.jpg

Packing up

92.jpg

This was a very sad moment for me as I realized that it would mean the end of 5 and a half weeks of absolute freedom and adventure and that I am returning to a life more ordinary, Chris and Celia were heading off towards Nelspruit to visit some friends and it was sad to see them go.

Our last photo together

93a.jpg

And off they goâ?¦

93.jpg

I took the shortest road home and just wanted to get back â?? I had to suck it up and own up to the fact that it was over.

I was slightly relived (Joâ??burg traffic nearly killed me) to see this

94.jpg

And here I am back again.

95.jpg

I showered, drove to my sisterâ??s house to surprise her and to see my niece again( apparently she had been missing her uncle bob a lot and has been walking around the house asking for me( she is16 months old))

It took me about 5 days to get used to being back and I would be a lying bastard if I said that I am not missing the freedom a lot now that I have fallen back in the mundane daily routine.

As for figureâ??s and such â?? well I didnâ??t really keep a record but here it goes.

Total trip time 5 and a half weeks.
Total distance 10 230km
Ave fuel cons â?? approx. 6 to 6.5l/100km
Total cost â?? hard to say I guess it was about 14k â?? it can be done cheaper.
Total fun and memories â?? incalculable.

Thanks you for reading this report and sharing my trip with me.