E.C. Bash Rear Entry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolweseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
I have been to the Baviaans many times and heard about the crossing from Steytlerville being a very difficult route.

After some enquiries I was told it is extremely difficult and I should not attempt it.

This made me decide it was a challenge which I needed and my love affair with the Baviaans was comfortable enough for me to attempt a rear entry.

Next step was to find someone to join and no one was interested in my escapade until I asked Gotcharater

We left PE in a cold misty drizzle but only about 15Km’s onto Elandsriver Rd and we were in sunshine

We only left PE at 10am and had a quick stop at Grootrivier Poort 

DSC_4121.JPG

From here we went through to Steytlerville for lunch and a quick refuel

IMG_0969.JPG

And made our way to the entrance

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_4870.JPG

Looking back

IMG_4871.JPG

Looking ahead

IMG_4873.JPG

The View

IMG_4874.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG

I would like to have taken pics of the more difficult sections but was too scared to stop in case I could not get going and
have to go down again

IMG_4876.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG

You can see forever from up here

IMG_4878.JPG

The road to the right is the one we came in on the earlier pic

IMG_4879.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

IMG_4881.JPG

IMG_4883.JPG

Time for a quick breather near the top

DSC_4127.JPG

DSC_4128.JPG

DSC_4131.JPG

Then through a Valley between the next Mountain and we started descending into Baviaans

DSC_4137.JPG

DSC_4139.JPG

The Doornkloof Campsite is just in front of the Left crop circle

DSC_4141.JPG

DSC_4143.JPG

Baviaans towards Willowmore

DSC_4145.JPG

DSC_4149.JPG

I was taken back by the beauty of this ride and felt extremely content with life.

When we arrived at the Bash site I was sopping wet from all the sweating even my gloves were soaked.

DSC_4150.JPG

DSC_4153.JPG

T.B.C