JIMBO'S FULL MOON KRUGER PARK FENCE RIDE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR350
100_6511Copy.jpg

Jim's Preamble:  
I had ridden the Kruger Park fence 3 times in the past, but not the whole length of the fence in one session.  First time was solo on a railway structures inspection for SAR from Kaapmuiden to Phalaborwa, including the Olifants river bridge and the bit through the park it’s self.  
The second time with Pillionpup (Henrietta) as far as Hoedspruit.  
Third time with Dassie from Hazyview to Punda Maria, again crossing the Olifants River by means of the rail bridge and the bit through the park.  
This time I decided to avoid the section through the park and the rail bridge (Too much trouble with the animals, the bridge, trains and general security in that section.  

100_6302Copy.jpg

Day 0ne.  
Jim: Sean, Mike and I left Fourways around 08h00 (15 minutes behind schedule) due to meet Dassie at Belfast Wimpy.  

DSC05466Copy.jpg

DSC05462Copy.jpg

DSC05465Copy.jpg

DSC05463Copy.jpg

DSC05464Copy.jpg

DSC05467Copy.jpg

First lowlight; Sean gets rear tube tear near Middleburg.

100_6169Copy.jpg

100_6174Copy.jpg

Sean: After our morning departure through traffic we took the scenic route running parallel to the N4 towards Witbank. The clean crisp air and knowing that we were avoiding toll fees kept us happy chappies. A pit stop to re-adjust stuff and onward.
Around Middelburg area the coal dust from the trucks was nasty. As I was following  Jim’s lead into the onramp to the N4, my scoots normally well behaved  rear end started getting very lively, trying overtake the front. I managed to get things under control and pull off onto the grassy area. The tube had a long split and was totally useless. Put the spare in and we were off again – lost about an hour.

JIMBO PLEASED THAT HE DIDN'T HAVE TO CHANGE A TYRE
100_6172Copy.jpg

GOOD SAMARITAN MARTIN ON HIS VERY JWOOSH BMW -wasn't about to get his hands dirty though - phones roadside assistance if he needs...
100_6178Copy.jpg

Jim: I phoned Dassie to explain the delay, and find he has put on a near new second hand rear D606 which had an existing tear, and he was forced to heavily sleeve it at Lydenburg.  Dassie would be delayed even longer.  
At Belfast I instructed Dassie to rather meet us at Barberton.  At Belfast it was nice to be greeted by WHEELMAN who was on his way to catch some trout.  How was the catch Wheelman??

Sean: Wheelman was pretty green when he saw us, and I knew that if one of us had offered to swop with him he would have jumped at the chance.   ;D