EC Bash, the ride from Worcester (added some pics of the guys on their steeds)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briv

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
The EC Bash has always been something to look forward to, for me one highlight was to sit down for a little while and have a chat to Watty. Now going to the place where I met him for the first time 6 years ago, and not going to see him, left me with a bit of sadness…

Watty was involved with the first national bash also held a Doringkloof in 2006,  May your legacy carry on my Friend! ;)

So the Wednesday afternoon came and Snafu and I left for Worcester as our fearless leader kindly offer us accommodation for the night so we could be fresh as fish for the next mornings departure…..we ate like kings, some had a good talk to Bacchus and I skulked of to bed at 24h00, I must add there was only freshness the next morning…. with the help of a Grandpa or two.

All the horses fed and stabled  :mwink:

DSC_0002-1.jpg

Just checking the feeling  :pot:

DSC_0007.jpg

We met up with the rest of the crowd at the Worcester petrol station, and then it was onwards to Touwsriver where the first puncture was repaired.

The group arriving.

FILE0003.jpg

While that was taken care of I jumped ahead to Konstabel Rd as the last climb had some good photo ops. As the chaps came round I took a nice pic of each.

Oor berge en riviere....

DSC_0014-1.jpg

FILE0024.jpg

Only one managed to show off a bit!!  While the grand stand watched!

DSC_0093-1.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0107-2.jpg

Of to Floriskraal dam and the  “lekker paadjie”. Some of the guys and I have done a few long trips together and we have always managed to see and ride some new and challenging road and what a nice confidence booster of a road the last bit turned out to be….I salute the guys with the 1200’s and especially the Varadero… you can smaak to ride them big mothers.

We also had an off here. Strong man this guy, we still need to find out if all the ribs are ok.

DSC_0110-1.jpg

DSC_0112-2.jpg

DSC_0115-2.jpg

Just here I need to mention that we have the coolest, calmest, most collected personality that handles any situation, on our side in this group, I wonder if it has anything to do with his job? He fixes flat wheels, jumpstarts KTM’s, hands out Myprodols, tells a good story… Ag fok nout ek genoeg gat gekruip!!

I was behind, after the flat bat, and tried to catch up a bit, riding on T4A I took a slight detour and the lost the group a bit. Luckily they could hear me and thus we regrouped at P Alfred.

I followed the RED... route  :peepwall: to the old farm house :mwink:

map.jpg

DSC_0116-2.jpg

After refueling and some eats in PA, ready to leave I noticed fuel dripping from the left tank?  Found a hole in the plastic tank and swore under my breath. The group went over Swartberg Pass and I slipped through Merings with fuel leaking down my left leg…
Riding along I carefully analyzed my situation and came to the realization that the hole could only have been made by a thorn….just before entering the pass I stopped at a thorn tree and plugged the hole!!! And that’s how it stayed right up to now.

DSC02504.jpg

DSC02505.jpg

We stayed at Voelgesang in De Rust, as good as it gets! I also met up with my old mate from PE that joined our group from there. The evening’s festivities and kark praat sessions were held at the Kaalgat Kudu….. And needles to say the stock of Olaf Berg did not make it!! The pizzas were excellent though!!! I won’t repeat what some compared it to!!!

DSC_0135-2.jpg

must check that all the pannier lids are closed  :eek:

DSC_0122-2.jpg

Next day it was up. up and a way through Meiringpoort and on to Willowmore where one of our esteemed members got totally side tracked by nature. So much so that his pristine example of a legend was compared to a fleetline combi… ready for nature excursions!

Some eating and rehydration ensued…. Our varadero rider and I went for a stroll through the town and decided to take the Willow limo back to the hotel…. (If anybody has a pic PM me so I can ad it)

DSC_0139-2.jpg

Then it was onwards to the Baviaans!!!! The first river with water in was deemed the place to have a comedy meeting, fueled by some furious thirst quenchers. All of us pissed ourselves the rest of the weekend, when we heard the word Miemie or Johhuhuhuburg!!! I must add that the sound of laughter through those cliffs must have had many a baboon karking a gousblom of note!

DSC_0149-2.jpg

DSC_0150-2.jpg

We got to our camp site and the festivities ensued with gusto, the venue has been upgraded, catering has been outsourced and the bar has been imported, Things evolve in time as you can see….. Another great get-together through the Wilddog forum.

DSC_0194-2.jpg

DSC_0181-2.jpg

Even Ossie the staffie pup enjoyed it !!!

DSC_0176-2.jpg

May the legends live on !!!

DSC_0201-1.jpg

Back home was along the black route. Thank you all it was Beforklekker!!!!!
PLEASE add pics !

Oor berge en riviere sal ons ry, mag dit altyd tog so bly  :ricky: