Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: south africa to italy 2013  (Read 861 times)

Offline ZooDog

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • ride everything hard
south africa to italy 2013
« on: May 15, 2012, 04:03:29 pm »
hi guys looking for any advice tips on traveling throu africa e plan on leaving next year april. prices costs of a trip so anyone who has done such a trip please your advice would be appricaited.
TIA. this is africa

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
Re: south africa to italy 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 05:21:44 pm »

Offline Camino Cerdo

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 07:14:25 am »
Rustfontien

We, (wife and I) plan to ride from Jburg to Italy December - January, so we can let you know all the mistakes we made on the way. will post at "horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/thode

Much is in flux with the planning now as I do not yet know if we will be able to get visas for Libya or need to find another route.

Bob
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but  rather a slide in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "Woo Hoo what a ride"

Offline ZooDog

• Race Dog
  • ride everything hard
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 12:10:10 pm »
thanks bob sounds great ya the visa issues hey what a pain in the ass,will defintely keep  in touch with you. you where not in zambia last december?
TIA. this is africa

Offline Camino Cerdo

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 03:00:28 am »
Rust
Yes we were in Zambia, New Years at the falls, then Malawi, Moz, Zim and back to start in Jburg. Will pick up bike in m/l late Nov. and travel the Riff north.  Have friend in Italy where I hope to store bike till we can return for the next leg.
Bob
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but  rather a slide in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "Woo Hoo what a ride"

Offline ZooDog

• Race Dog
  • ride everything hard
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 09:46:43 am »
we where those youngsters that camped near you guys,at livingstone small world hey. sounds great been looking at the map im keen to head from tunisia morocco then spain
TIA. this is africa

Offline schalk vd merwe

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 09:04:02 am »
Hi Rustfontein, my son and I did a 7 country 13 500km trip in Africa. Our trip was a 1000km further than the Cape to Cairo route. You can read our RR under >Ride Reports>Long Tours>To The Equator and back in 40 days. On the last page I have all the cost and statistics. Enjoy the planning.
1/The only way to get experience is to get experience-Schalk                
2/Ride Reports>Long Tours>Africa Tour To The Equator And Back In 40 Days
3/A stranger is just a friend you have not met yet
4/Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe in and enthusiastically act upon must come to past-Paul J Mayer
5/Use the rocks in the your way to build stepping stones-Herman Zapp