Acccident on N7 - Sunday, 6 May

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilV

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Morning all,

I am posting this on behalf of someone I know on another forum. This person and his wife were travelling on his Honda Silver Wing on their way to the olive festival in Riebeeck Kasteel on Sunday the 6th May. Unfortunately they were involved in an accident and he has absolutely no recollection of what happened. He is hoping somebody maybe saw something?

Below is what he posted on another forum:

Hi All

Just been informed by the Doctor that I suffer from Truamatised Brain Injury and will be transferred to V P Hospital's Occupational Therapy Section

My arm snapped at the the top and face and chest was terribly hurt. My wife cracked a few ribs. We were on route, at approx 11 in the morning, to the Olive Festival in Riebeeck Kasteel met with a freak accident, the majority of which I am unable to remember. Has any one seen or heard what happened?

My wife is all good and my bike is a write off. Sad to say Good Bye to my Silverwing

No idea what the exact impact on work is gonna be but I have been put on a 2 month sick leave for the TBI.

I asked him if he had any info regarding where about on the N7 it happened and he said it is reported to have happened just past the Vissershok spot.

I'm sure it must be a terrible feeling having no idea what happened so if any of you maybe saw anything and can fill in the gaps it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Neil.