27 May 2012 - PARYS/DOME/VREDEFORT-KOEPEL RIDE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtRebell

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Raait, so Volroom and I have been talking about a Sunday brekkie ride.

The plan is to do the Parys/Vredefort Dome ride on Sunday, 27 May 2012.  :ricky:

After some discussion about the route from Jhb to Parys, and a suggestion from Laurika, it was decided to move the starting point to –

SHELL Garage, C/o Gordon and Ontdekkers Roads.   :deal:

Directions to get to SHELL on Gordon: Take N1 south. Pass M5 (beyers naude) and pass 14th ave offramps (at MTN headoffice) the next offramp is gordon rd (if u have gone too far u would see maraisburg offramp) Turn Right off M1 aat Gordon.....over one or two ttraffic lights...upp a little hill.....on your right is the BP where we meet. (On your left would be Founders Grill) the garage is Corner Ondekkers rd.

I’ll be there from 7h00 for a cuppa, and we will depart at 7h30, following Laurika’s lead to Parys.

Arrive in Parys at about 9h00 for breakfast until 11ish and then ride the loop in the Dome.

Meeting point in Parys: LEGENDS Restaurant for brunch. Wilddog table booked.

The planned route in the Dome is posted on page 4 and will be about 160km.

Total Distance for the day will be about 400km.

We are already quite a few dogs who are definitely in for the ride and anyone else who’d like to join is more than welcome.

Typically not going to be a fast and furious ride and if there are enough riders a split can be made between faster and slower rider groups.  >:D  :peepwall:

For what it is worth - my number is 072 380 7564   8)