2T - a sincere apology

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michiel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Before the pie in my face gets any tackier I need to issue a big and sincere apology to all those 2-stroke riders
out there that might have been offended by my clearly uninformed criticism. I remember saying I will never want
to ride such a noise making machine. True, I still don't like the sound it makes. Where I did speak right out of my
arse is when I said it had no lugging ability and only produced enough power at high reffs making it hard to control
off road.

KDX005.jpg

Since then a miracle happened. I woke up one day wanting a 2T. Thanks to some helpful WD's I am now the proud
owner of a remarkable little toy. A 2006 Kawasaki KDX 200.  >:D  I might never tap the full potencial of this little
eye catcher, due maybe to a slight limp wrist  ::), but for as far as I dare he makes my juices flow!  :ricky:

KDX006.jpg

In time I will post here more and better videos of my love affair with No 8. Eventually he will live on the family farm
making the occasional visit to Lesotho. One day we dream of taking on the Roof. If only the bronce route.

The video today is just to illustrate how a KDX can actually lug it's way up a rocky quarry face without stalling or running
out of power. At no point in the climb did I use excessive throttle and sometimes I even start out with low reffs and wind
him up as I get on. I think this can be called torque...

[flash=720,440]https://www.youtube.com/v/Gg-gqE8ULyE[/flash]