Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Grant Langston  (Read 490 times)

Offline Whethefakawe

Grant Langston
« on: September 06, 2007, 08:12:58 pm »
In case anybody didn't know, our boy Grant Langston from Durban is one race away from winning the US motocross championship this coming weekend. He is riding for Yamaha now, and has been improving with every race. He started this season by running around 5th or 6th, by mid-season started getting podium finishes and has won the last two races overall.  He is leading by 10 points, and has historically done extremely well at Glen Helen, the track where the final race takes place.

This is huge. He already has a very impressive CV, being the only rider ever who has won all the top 125cc MX championships; the World Championship, the US 125 MX championship, and both East and West 125cc Supercross championships. Back in 1999 Greg Albertyn won the US 250cc MX championship for Suzuki, I remember him as a little blonde boy at the races in Joburg in the early eighties.

This weekend's race is at Glen Helen Raceway, in San Bernardino California, about an hour east of Los Angeles. Since my Cape Town connection has free tickets from work looks like I'll have to take the day off. I was developng vision problems anyways. :o

Just can't see myself working when there's motocross to go watch :headbang: :occasion14:

Some photos of Grant Langston:

Hopefully, by Saturday 5 pm he will be doing this again

Here's a shot I took of Greg Albertyn in 1999 when he won it:

I'll take some photos and post them when I get home.

If all goes well, there's your excuse to drink lots of beer next week ;D
You been using dogsh*t for toothpaste, Mullet?

shark_za

Re: Grant Langston
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 08:18:52 pm »
Go GL8 !

Offline KTM BIGGER

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • SAB Goblin 700
    • http://www.goblinhobbies.co.za/
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 09:44:24 pm »
Great to see SA achieving this type of goals. I have watched Grant race several time in CT before he went overseas. I have even raced with him and always knew he would be going to places far away.

Good luck and get what you have worked for Grant.

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 07:49:52 am »
I remember meeting Grant when he was racing for Kawasaki - back in the Elna Fox Kawasaki days - I was still a lightie, but then again, so was he  ;D
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.