Grant Langston

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whethefakawe

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
In case anybody didn't know, our boy Grant Langston from Durban is one race away from winning the US motocross championship this coming weekend. He is riding for Yamaha now, and has been improving with every race. He started this season by running around 5th or 6th, by mid-season started getting podium finishes and has won the last two races overall.  He is leading by 10 points, and has historically done extremely well at Glen Helen, the track where the final race takes place.

This is huge. He already has a very impressive CV, being the only rider ever who has won all the top 125cc MX championships; the World Championship, the US 125 MX championship, and both East and West 125cc Supercross championships. Back in 1999 Greg Albertyn won the US 250cc MX championship for Suzuki, I remember him as a little blonde boy at the races in Joburg in the early eighties.

This weekend's race is at Glen Helen Raceway, in San Bernardino California, about an hour east of Los Angeles. Since my Cape Town connection has free tickets from work looks like I'll have to take the day off. I was developng vision problems anyways. :eek:

Just can't see myself working when there's motocross to go watch :headbang: :eek:ccasion14:

Some photos of Grant Langston:

Hopefully, by Saturday 5 pm he will be doing this again

Here's a shot I took of Greg Albertyn in 1999 when he won it:

I'll take some photos and post them when I get home.

If all goes well, there's your excuse to drink lots of beer next week ;D