Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The Blind Date in Lesotho  (Read 28802 times)

Offline TrailBlazer

• www.a-cut-above.co.za (Laser cutting & Engraving Services)
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
    • A-Cut-Above
Re: The Blind Date in Lesotho
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2012, 04:47:50 pm »
DD, way to go man... I sincerely hope it all works out for you and your (current) riding buddy (future) wife  :)

For the record, I met Atigun on a cyber-site as well, two years back now, and we've been maried for two months.

I also had my heart ripped out by one or two somewhat unscrupulous "wimmenfolk" on the site, but recovered and persevered, and Atigun is who I got for myself.  8) :queen:

We've just returned from our honeymoon trip which included the Watty Bash. 3400km later, and she can't wait to get back on the bike and do it all over again

Good luck
There are old riders, and bold riders, but no old, bold riders.

Do not ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Take only pictures. leave only footprints

Offline BryanOC6

• I can like to ride Ja
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Time to ride , I say a cammaahhhn
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2012, 04:55:23 pm »
Subscribed
Nicholas Sparks would be proud of this story !!
BMW GSA 1200 LC 2014
Yamaha WR250 2007
Yamaha SR500 1983 Bratstyle

Offline Just Blip It!

• Forum Vendor
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • www.adventureriderssa.co.za
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2012, 05:06:36 pm »
Subsribe!
Riding Africa's lesser traveled tracks, discovering true adventure!
2007 KTM990 Adventure S
2012 KTM 990R Adventure.

Offline Dustdevil

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2012, 05:41:40 pm »
Thanks guys for all your support. Just keep in mind this is a Ride Report, not a love story ;)

Online Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • WAT KYK JY
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2012, 05:46:48 pm »
Thanks guys for all your support. Just keep in mind this is a Ride Report, not a love story ;)

You could have fooled us, but we wait in great anticipation to see where it goes, and I'm sure we all wish for the love story  :biggrin: With all the nonsence around us we need that.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline Dustdevil

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2012, 06:22:31 pm »
Ek wil sien hoe die girl lyk man! :peepwall: :happy1:

;)

Offline Sithe

• gewig versplasing
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2012, 06:36:24 pm »
 :pot:  DD  ... Get on with it ... U can't keep teasing us like this
I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Offline spoedvark

• Forum Whore
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2012, 10:19:57 pm »
A RR with a twist!!!!!

Hope it all turns out moonshine and roses!!!!!
Go Big!
or
Go Home!!!!
Previous bikes:
Yamaha XS 400 Special Kawasaki ZX 10 Yamaha XT 550 BMW 650 GS BMW 1200 GS KEEP THE RUBBER DUSTY!!!!

Offline eikeboom

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2012, 10:24:49 pm »
The build-up is incredible.
The climax will be explosive.
Let's go into the mountains...there's likely to be peace and quiet

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2012, 10:33:55 pm »

Very few RR's start off posting an online dating profile of their riding partner..

:happy1:
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Dustdevil

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2012, 11:54:41 pm »
All they way to Clocolan, and to my date with Avert, I have been planning what to say to her when we meet. Nothing seems to make sense so I decided to leave it up to the moment but would at least mention that I am very glad that she arrived safe.

In the parking lot of The Cabin I dismount while the bike is still rolling. This being the more graceful way to get of a fully loaded bike with long travel suspension.
Avert parks her bakkie next to me and even though we have been in dialogue on a daily basis for the last month, there suddenly was this complete stranger standing in front of me. Her mannerism is slightly more tough and her appearance is more formal and almost stiff. There was this tight feeling around my chest, there is nothing attracting me to this person in front of me. For a moment I felt overwhelmed by this feeling of hopelessness and the magnitude of what I am trying to do here.....

There was not much time to reminiscent over these feelings of doubt as we walked over to one of the tables to find a spot to sit down and just really get to talk to each other face to face for the first time.
One thing that immediately became apparent was the level of comfort and ease with which we could chat together, almost if talking to a cousin or even a sister, like we have known each other for a long time. I realized that I must simply relax and go enjoy this ride and even if we only find friendship, then so be it. I can't help though to feel the pressure that this is a lot of effort simply to forge a long distance friendship.

She asked me if she at least looked like her profile pictures.....the problem was that she looked very different in each of her pictures and one in particular stands out. It makes her look 10 years younger and her eyes are piercingly beautiful. I was not going to tell her this and went on a ramble about experiencing someone in the flesh and that a three dimensional image will always be different than a flat print. I am not a good layer and realize that I was not saying the right thing and whatever was coming from my mouth can't come across as to flattering.....I can be such a cluts sometimes ::)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:01:37 pm by Dustdevil »

Offline ahlbebuck

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • G450X, CRF450R, XR200R
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2012, 12:16:56 am »
All they way to Clocolan, and to my date with Avert, I have been planning what to say to her when we meet. Nothing seems to make sense so I decided to leave it up to the moment but would at least mention that I am very glad that she arrived safe.

In the parking lot of The Cabin I dismount while the bike is still rolling. This being the more graceful way to get of a fully loaded bike with long travel suspension.
Avert parks her bakkie next to me and even though we have been in dialogue on a daily basis for the last month, there suddenly was this complete stranger standing in front of me. Her mannerism is slightly more tough and her appearance is more formal and almost stiff. There was this tight feeling around my chest, there is nothing attractive to me about this person in front of me. For a moment I felt overwhelmed by this feeling of hopelessness and the magnitude of what I am trying to do here.....

There was not much time to reminiscent over these feelings of doubt as we walked over to one of the tables to find a spot to sit down and just really get to talk to each other face to face for the first time.
One thing that immediately became apparent was the level of comfort and ease with which we could chat together, almost if talking to a cousin or even a sister, like we have known each other for a long time. I realized that I must simply relax and go enjoy this ride and even if we only find friendship, then so be it. I can't help though to feel the pressure that this is a lot of effort simply to forge a long distance friendship.

She asked me if she at least looked like her profile pictures.....the problem was that she looked very different in each of her pictures and one in particular stands out. It makes her look 10 years younger and her eyes are piercingly beautiful. I was not going to tell her this and went on a ramble about experiencing someone in the flesh and that a three dimensional image will always be different than a flat print. I am not a good layer and realize that I was not saying the right thing and whatever was coming from my mouth can't come across as to flattering.....I can be such a cluts sometimes ::)

Oops?  :o
If you can't fix it with a hammer, its an electrical problem!

Offline Pote

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2012, 06:59:53 am »

Avert parks her bakkie next to me and even though we have been in dialogue on a daily basis for the last month, there suddenly was this complete stranger standing in front of me. Her mannerism is slightly more tough and her appearance is more formal and almost stiff. There was this tight feeling around my chest, there is nothing attractive to me about this person in front of me. For a moment I felt overwhelmed by this feeling of hopelessness and the magnitude of what I am trying to do here.....

Oops?  :o
Ja oeps!!! Jy moet eerlik wees van dag 1 af  :deal:

Offline dassie

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • live life extremely
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2012, 08:21:24 am »
 8) lekker DD, ive been there as well. Also divorced, dating etc. etc. I know how that hopeless feeling hits you and you describe it so well man. :thumleft:
Any way good luck for you. I presume it all went well, otherwise you wouldnt really write so much detail  :mwink:
uhhh yes doctor, i know im adicted.....

Offline Just In Time

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • If you're not braaing, you're dying.....
    • Craft Beer, Travel and everything else ~ Musings and thoughts of the home brewer
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2012, 08:42:48 am »
 :happy1:
1982 Honda XR200R - sold
1990 Yamaha DT125 - Sold
1985 Kawasaki GPz550 - Sold
1983 Honda MBX50 - Sold
1982 Honda XR200R - Sold 2006 Honda CRF230F - Sold 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 - Every day ride 1990 Honda XR250R - The project bike

Offline MillionMiles

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2012, 09:55:11 am »
...There's light at the end of the tunnel :toothy12:
Today is National Biking Day!

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Number plate T JOCKEY EC
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2012, 10:21:12 am »
Sub
Ride it like you stole it!

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
LIBERATED:KTM 640 Adventure***Suzuki 200 Djebel
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660

Offline Pom17

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Cobus van der Merwe
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2012, 10:28:10 am »
...There's light at the end of the tunnel :toothy12:

:laughing4: :laughing4:

Offline ChinaPete

• 乘风破浪
  • Bike: Singer (all models)
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2012, 10:32:16 am »

Perhaps a Freudian slip :biggrin: Looking forward to the rest of your story/report.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:33:04 am by ChinaPete »

Offline mannemerak

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2012, 10:32:53 am »
sub
Sjoe ek is dors...