The Blind Date in Lesotho

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustdevil

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
As most dogs that know me would know by now, missus Dust Devil packed up her shit and left me over a year ago.

At first life on my own with the kids was bliss. No nagging, no senseless arguments going in circles, no complaining that the lawn's not cut, no sex.........wait now, lets rewind......NO SEX!  :eek:
So I have to admit not having a woman in your life might have it's advantages but in general it sucks, especially after realizing I am doing dishes after every meal now.  :mad: Not to try and sound to much like a male chauvinist, it is really the companionship that I miss, the chats over dinner, the things we did together and the places we visited together. The opinions shared as well as the responsibilities as parents and adults.

All that is gone now and mostly because we became blind for that which we had in each other. Respect went out the backdoor and with that all feelings of belonging and desire for each other.
For our own sanity and for those living with us we needed to put some distance between us. All channels of communication became so broken down that it became impossible to try and reconcile. Going our own separate ways seem to be the only way out of this mess.

So here I am in Middelburg a year later, and what woman can be found in the area is owned by farmers and they do not let go. Single 30 or 40 old females is as sparse as hens teeth around here.
This left me no option but to turn to cyberspace for solutions. I came across what appears to be a friendly dating site with saw some nice homely type of people on their listings. After filling out a profile and posting a pic or two I was set and started to brows around.....although I quickly met up with a few interesting people I soon realize that being in the Middle of nowhere does not help. Their can't be the usual meeting with quick cup of coffee to test the waters. Great distances have to be traveled so it meant I will have to learn to share much more info over the web and phone to get a good feeling of what the chances will be of really liking somebody.

After some trail and error I started getting the hang of how this works. In the process I got my heart broken at least once, the details of which I am reluctant to go into on this thread.
In the aftermath of this initial attempt I decided to carry on meeting new people as to worry over spilled milk was going to get me nowhere.

My eye caught this one girl but more than her looks was her interests that grabbed me and when she started chatting about her plans to do a long bike trip I was really starting to pay attention.
After chatting for a week or so I decided I would like to meet this girl and suggest that we get together for a short trip into Lesotho. Besides, what do we stand to loose then, we can meet and have a good time and if there is something more it will simply be spectacular.

She agreed and so started the planning to visit Lesotho for 4 days in winter ::) She will be on her own bike, a little Yamaha TW200, just perfect for the job, especially for someone that is a relative newbie to adventure riding and Lesotho. ;)  

001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.