Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husky Official no more hearsay  (Read 4530 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
    • Photography One on One
Re: New Importer of Husqvarna ?????????
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 06:00:02 pm »
Ag nee , die Italianers kan ook nie besluite neem nie , of is dit die Duitsers ?
 Wie het die antwoorde ?

EK  ::)

Hi A --stuur my jou regte cell nommer hehe daai anne een werk nie ?????
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 02:46:14 pm »
Got the message below from my local BMW Stealer today, titled : Husqvarna are back in South Africa ... :  :mwink:

We are excited to announce that Husqvarna, the third oldest manufacturer of motorcycles since 1903, (Triumph being the oldest followed by Harley Davidson) will soon be sold through the well known motor holdings group CMH. BMW purchased the Husqvarna company in October 2007 and has helped to develop the company with new products, better quality control and brand marketing.

Husqvarna has a very proud tradition of building world championship motocross and enduro motorcycles. Their record includes 14 motocross, 24 enduro world championships and 11 wins in the really tough Baja 1000 desert race. Husqvarna motorcycles were originally built in Sweden, but since 1987 they have been built in Italy.

I shall keep you updated as further information is released.

Best regards,

Joel Epstein
Motorrad Sales Manager
Continental Cars
6 Ring Rd, Greenacres, Port Elizabeth
PO Box 27299, Greenacres, 6045
041 5022200
083 714 1575
0866 571 523 Fax.

:ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 04:08:42 pm »
Spoke to the new Impoters --Dealer today and it looks as if they are going to have a dealer in every major town --

Price on the other hand does not seem that they will be cheaper than KTM ???? About the same for same type of bikes --they are also bringing in some big Clout with full sponsorship to race the roof this year --

And as far as spares for the older bikes are concerned --they are looking at taking that over to  ??? maybe just leave the spare as is imho
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
Husky Official no more hearsay
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 02:43:40 pm »
Combined Motor Holdings will import Husqvarna motorcycles.
PRETORIA – The legendary motocross and endurance motorcycle brand, Husqvarna, is coming to South Africa.

Husqvarna Motorcycles, which is a BMW Group company, will be imported into South Africa, Namibia and Lesotho by CMH Marine and Leisure, a division of Combined Motor Holdings – a listed company on the JSE.

Fred Fensham, General Manager of CMH Marine and Leisure, told Moneyweb that the brand will be launched in South Africa on July 26 and that it will be sold out of a separate new and high profile dealer network.

Fensham said that initially there will be 12 dealers spread across the country, but that there will be room to grow the dealer network in the coming year or so. He indicated that this would obviously be influenced by the economic climate in the country.

Motorcycle enthusiasts know the history of the Husqies, but for others it may come as a surprise that Husqvarna is the third oldest motorcycle manufacturer in the world, already manufacturing its first motorised two-wheelers in 1903.

The first model was only capable of attaining 5km/h, now the company’s motorcycles are world-renowned for its performance.

Fensham says that already they have seen excitement in the market about the pending arrival of the brand.

“The brand has huge respect from the international community, especially from an off-road perspective. It has won 82 world titles in this field. And now the brand is also branching out to on-road motorcycles as well,” he said.

In 1977 Husqvarna was acquired by the Swedish industrial group Electrolux, but in 1987 the motorcycle division was sold to the Cagiva Group in Italy. In 2007 BMW acquired control of the company, but left the manufacturing base in Varese, Italy, from where CMH Marine and Leisure will import the models.

“South Africa is one of the most important future markets for Husqvarna Motorcycles; having CMH as a partner is a great opportunity for us to develop and expand the Husqvarna network giving our customers premium support and service,” said Max Kalbfell, sales and marketing manager of Husqvarna Motorcycles.

Owner of the brand, BMW, has wished CMH and Husqvarna success for the future. Rob Holder, General Manager, BMW Motorrad SA, said BMW supports the agreement between Husqvarna and CMH.

According to Fensham pricing is still being finalised, but said that the models will compare well with the pricing of other European high-quality brands available in South Africa. Ironically this means a brand like BMW Motorrad, against which the Husqvarna brand will be competing.

Fensham told Moneyweb that the initial investment by CMH Marine and Leisure into the brand roll-out will be about R6m. This does not include investments that will be made by the dealership owners themselves into the physical infrastructure.

CMH will originally be importing the complete model range, ranging from the motocross and endure bikes to the Supermoto combination on- and off-road motorbikes and

Husqvarna’s comeback to street bike models – the Nuda 900 and 900R.

Although pricing for South Africa is still being worked on, the Nuda 900 will cost you about £8 100 (R105 300 at exchange rate of R13 to the pound) in the UK and about $13 995 in Australia (R116 158 at a rate of R8 to the Australian dollar).

Fensham said that the full range will be available at the start for CMH to “read the market” and then after about 18 months they will refine the model offering depending on demand.

Edward Makwana, Manager of Group Automotive Communications for BMW South Africa, told Moneyweb that this will be the first time there is an official distributor for the Husqvarna Motorcycle brand in South Africa.

Previously one could find some of the models, but that would be when individual buyers made their own import arrangements, Makwana said.

Current Scooters --

Offline Mzee

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Bikes: DL 650 Suzuki; Honda 250 Suzuki 125; Vespa
    • Mzee-Jaki
Re: Husky Official no more hearsay
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 02:51:52 pm »
Interesting :o
Life is kind to those who afford it kindness

XT1200Z Super Tenere

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 03:08:31 pm »
Looks like the resale value of Huskies will be going up next month hehe   ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline BatmanGS

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 09:59:07 pm »
Hi Blazers

Any news about the 900 D/S range yet .....??????????

will it be a real SE type contender......???????

Please let us know

'It's not what you Ride ...........It's who YOU ride with'

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 06:23:17 am »
Hi Blazers

Any news about the 900 D/S range yet .....??????????

will it be a real SE type contender......???????

Please let us know

Nothing yet Batman --- Development in Italy is very under wraps and not often those Italians will let the cat out of the bag before the time --lets hope and keep thumbs crossed
Current Scooters --

Offline Dux

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 09:06:51 pm »
Any news on Cape Town dealers , I was in at the supposed Husky dealer a few days ago and what a waste , I have more Husky's in my workshop than he has on his premises .
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline BatmanGS

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 10:33:50 pm »
Thanks Blazers.............

Are there any TE630's around for sale and what are they like...???

They do look good...............

as I ride approximately 80% dirt and need some decent suspension
'It's not what you Ride ...........It's who YOU ride with'

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 08:14:58 am »
Any news on Cape Town dealers , I was in at the supposed Husky dealer a few days ago and what a waste , I have more Husky's in my workshop than he has on his premises .

Hi Dux some high profile shops have applied for dealership all over SA --Cape Town has had a few apply but it will be CMH that will make the call on that and not BMW --- the criteria that needs to be met and the working standard is going to be pretty high and expensive for dealerships --the ecu machine alone for diagnostics i heard was a wack load of moola --like KTM dealerships --so imho i think the day's of the small guy trying to get his foot in the door will soon be something of the past --Wi will hear soon to who the dealerships have been awarded.
Current Scooters --

Offline Dux

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 09:42:41 am »
That is good to hear , I only hope someone that knows what is potting gets the agency , Husqvarna are an off road company and the current/previous dealers had no interest in that market , if they had made an appearance at regional and social enduro's they would have increased sales but they didn't so they lost out . 
You are very right in that the days of the small guys getting franchise dealerships are long gone . Not that it is the end of the small guy , there always has been and always will be a place for them , but the diagnostics equipment will however not be available to them so that will have a negative effect on that segment of the market .
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
Unit 6 Viben square

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 04:29:43 pm »
Looks like all is on track with the Huskies and that they will be here before the end of the month  ::) Well lets put it like this --They HAVE to as training on the Bikes will take place before the end of the month --and without bikes ?????? Love to see that take Place --- The Nuda's are a couple that will be landing and the demand for them is looking promising  ::) NOW lets see at what price they will sell  ??? ???
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 04:57:58 pm »
Soooooooooooooooooooo the shipment is running a little late --going to be interesting to see how they going to run a course on bikes when NO Huskies are available -- The course will just have to be postponed --Damb i am sooooo wanting to see the Nuda in the steel close up and test it -- ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 01:04:56 pm »
Just heard that the demo / launch bikes are being flown in as the shipment is running late  ??? Also heard who --may get the Pretoria agency -- if what i heard is true it will be a stupid move imho  >:(
Current Scooters --

Offline BMWPE

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Port Elizabeth
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 05:31:55 pm »
Whats the latest news Blazes  ?
Have you heard who  the dealers are yet ?
Rallye

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 09:11:21 am »
Whats the latest news Blazes  ?
Have you heard who  the dealers are yet ?

Some --yes -- i am writing them a letter to CMH -- they need to rethink some of the decisions they are planning to make ---  i may just start crying and throw my toy's out of the cot --- >:(

Leave bike sales and bike repairs to reputable bike dealers -- that's all i am saying at the moment --- Not planning to buy a bike at a Caravan dealer or something like that --- :o
Current Scooters --

Offline M3X3Z3

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2012, 11:49:48 am »
........ Not planning to buy a bike at a Caravan dealer or something like that --- :o

Caravan Dealers etc  ::) ::) :
You gotta be kidding, Right ?  :BangHead:
Now: Honda XR250  KTM 690R  KTM 500
Then: XR650R  TE510  TE630  SMS630  690R

Offline Hennie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
  • I am a Christian Zionist
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2012, 12:04:18 pm »
Sounds like Echo 4x4 trailers at Route 21 to me  ::)

But then its just speculation on my part
Science finds God behind every door they open, but they open those doors long after men and women of faith have been there and gone - Wendy Wippel

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Zionism/christianzionism.html

Offline Dux

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2012, 06:39:28 pm »

Leave bike sales and bike repairs to reputable bike dealers -- that's all i am saying at the moment ---

I have seen a few dealerships been dragged into the dirt because of being run by people that haven't a clue , motorcycle clients are very different to car owners just as dirt bikers are very different to the Sunday racer who is in turn very different to the cruiser market , each require different treatment and each is promoted in different ways .
I am certain that Husky could become very strong in the Cape but it requires very specific marketing and quite frankly the previous dealers have gotten things very wrong .
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
Unit 6 Viben square