Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husky Official no more hearsay  (Read 4532 times)

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha XT500
Re: Husky Official no more hearsay
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2012, 06:47:06 pm »
Yep.  The last guys sell Chinese bikes as their main business.  They told me, "No, we sent all our Huskies back to Primrose.  No-one wanted them - they were too expensive."  Great attitude!

Offline Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Live to Ride...Ride to Live
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2012, 06:56:37 pm »
Husky will need a national race team. The local dealer has to spend every weekend at the tracks....its a lot of work!
All the best to them....KTM needs opposition :thumleft:
'Routine is the thief of time'

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2012, 07:45:25 pm »
Husky will need a national race team. The local dealer has to spend every weekend at the tracks....its a lot of work!
All the best to them....KTM needs opposition :thumleft:

Yep true words -- Fortunately i have heard that they have a full budget for racing and that they will be spending it --so hopefully that side is covered --

Spoke to KTM about a month ago --they now have 20% of the American market -- that is huge for a european bike. The one reason Husky has grown in America is because it is 1,000 dallars cheaper than the ktm and that makes the difference in the sales as well. More dealerships are opening and making it a good option.
KTM have only increased the prices of the race bikes by about R 1,000.00 per year over the last three years -- that is good marketing imho compared to other brands -

So lets see what happens after the launch on the 20th and see if they will still have my support or do i look at GAS GAS or Beta or just ride mine till they are dead ----
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:03:56 pm by blazes »
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2012, 07:47:37 pm »

Leave bike sales and bike repairs to reputable bike dealers -- that's all i am saying at the moment ---

I have seen a few dealerships been dragged into the dirt because of being run by people that haven't a clue , motorcycle clients are very different to car owners just as dirt bikers are very different to the Sunday racer who is in turn very different to the cruiser market , each require different treatment and each is promoted in different ways .
I am certain that Husky could become very strong in the Cape but it requires very specific marketing and quite frankly the previous dealers have gotten things very wrong .

Hi Dux --strange that WE ALL get it --except the people who are trying to sell us bikes  ??? ??? ???
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Dux

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2012, 07:51:31 pm »
I have been there , proven what works and been totally ignored , nett result was that I was seeing sales going elsewhere , where I did have my way I proved it could work , 2 Sundays worth of promoting related to 7 immediate sales plus a few more a bit later , but that was coneviently forgotten .
The other important racing criteria is to be representative at regional events , not just at one or 2 events but at each and every event , second thing is to carry spares and to be focused on the brand .
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline Dux

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 07:58:21 pm »
Over the years I have worked with some fantastic people at the motorcycle importers , these are the people that listened to those of us at ground level , we were the ones that liased with the clients and had their direct feedback and requirements , I just wish the factories would also listen to the dealers requirements , if they did we would have some fantastic bikes on the market , but then I have to continually remind myself that our market is a drop in the ocean , especially with regards the Japanese factories and that what would be good for our unique market might not necessarily be what the rest of the world wants .
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
Unit 6 Viben square

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 08:00:39 pm »
I have been there , proven what works and been totally ignored , nett result was that I was seeing sales going elsewhere , where I did have my way I proved it could work , 2 Sundays worth of promoting related to 7 immediate sales plus a few more a bit later , but that was coneviently forgotten .
The other important racing criteria is to be representative at regional events , not just at one or 2 events but at each and every event , second thing is to carry spares and to be focused on the brand .

People knocked Butch Hirsch Racing -- But i may add that he was at all the races -- pumped big money and bikes for our boys into racing and when i met him we even raced together. If it was not for him KTM would never have been this big in SA -- he also put Husky on the map first and it was doing well --If we needed spares Butch would not think twice of stripping it off a new bike if he did not have stock on hand he even had the top works mechanics here in SA as well as bringing in people like Scott Harden to ride the Roof those days --until sweden sold it after that it was just downhill  >:(
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2012, 08:03:14 pm »
Over the years I have worked with some fantastic people at the motorcycle importers , these are the people that listened to those of us at ground level , we were the ones that liased with the clients and had their direct feedback and requirements , I just wish the factories would also listen to the dealers requirements , if they did we would have some fantastic bikes on the market , but then I have to continually remind myself that our market is a drop in the ocean , especially with regards the Japanese factories and that what would be good for our unique market might not necessarily be what the rest of the world wants .

Yep heard KTM factory could produce ALL the bikes SA take in 3 days thats how small we are -- but where are we going to get true adventure bikes -- for me i see NOTHING out there that fits my requirements --
Current Scooters --

Offline Dux

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2012, 08:10:34 pm »
I have a lot of respect for Butch , a lot of people don't like him but you are correct if it weren't for him the KTM brand wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is now . At the 2008 Roof he was there getting his hands dirty on jetting Wednesday helping the guys get sorted for the race , now how many MD's can say that they did that .

Adventure bikes are big in SA but not so much in the rest of the world , for me the perfect Adv bike is something else modified to do the job , also bearing in mind that different people have different requirements for an Adv bike .
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
Unit 6 Viben square

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 08:13:40 pm »
I have a lot of respect for Butch , a lot of people don't like him but you are correct if it weren't for him the KTM brand wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is now . At the 2008 Roof he was there getting his hands dirty on jetting Wednesday helping the guys get sorted for the race , now how many MD's can say that they did that .

Adventure bikes are big in SA but not so much in the rest of the world , for me the perfect Adv bike is something else modified to do the job , also bearing in mind that different people have different requirements for an Adv bike .

To True -- Butch had a passion for racing and made money out of his passion --lol would love to see some MD's get there hands Dirty  ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline Dux

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2012, 08:18:56 pm »

--lol would love to see some MD's get there hands Dirty  ::)
[/quote

The only dirty they get is at Teazers/Mavericks etc.............. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
Unit 6 Viben square

Offline gser

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Gelukkig nog nie hard GeSloeg nie
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2012, 02:37:25 pm »

No Huskys in the ROOF, yet !
 Not even one entry.
 Is the factory team entering late , does any one know?
 What is going on ? BMW and or CMH , please tell us !

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 08:03:29 am »
Boner for Blazes ....  :biggrin:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Dux

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2012, 10:21:02 am »
That bumble bee looks really nice
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
Unit 6 Viben square

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2012, 10:33:40 am »
Yeah sure to give one a buzz and have a sting in the tail too if not careful  :o
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2012, 07:40:47 am »
Blerrie Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 05:31:13 pm »
Spoke to Fred Yesterday from CMH --Was very positive and he seems to be very excited to be involved with the Husky Brand and has some awesome plans in the near future- The Container is still somewhere out at sea and the ones they flew in for the launch is a struggle to get out of Customs --

Never the less i will be going to look at them next week  ::)

Wishing Fred and his new venture everything of the best with our beloved brand  ;)
Current Scooters --

Offline teebag

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2012, 03:32:16 pm »
20th is gone - what happened

Offline BMWPE

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Port Elizabeth
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2012, 04:16:05 pm »
20th is gone - what happened

also waiting     :(
Rallye

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2012, 05:32:35 pm »
They were launched last night and the dealers will be made public soon  ::) There was quite a lot of positive response to the launch and the prices will also be made public soon. But the bikes launched last night were flown in so we will have to wait for the container to dock before we can place orders for our Nuda's  ::)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:33:23 pm by blazes »
Current Scooters --