• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2005 Fugly KLR650 for sale R 20 000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeonDude

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
The bike that has carried me around for the last ten years is for sale.
KLR650
2005 model (Fugly)
Red to pink in colour. OK, more pink than red.
Green tank
Uses a bit of oil
108000 kilos - approx.

I'm not making any pretences about this bike, it would be useless to do so on this forum where everybody has seen what I've done with the bike over the last ten years. I'm selling the bike because I recently got a DR650 and I cannot afford 2 bikes.
The bike has got a little ding in the front rim. The front hub has also been welded up because I mis-fitted that stupid speedo cable, but it now works fine. It has a green tank because I dropped over a little cliff in Lesotho (as we do!) and the tank got dented by a rock. The radiator is also off an A model, due to the same cliff incident. Oh, and the grab bar is also broken, same incident. This accident happened when the bike was less than 5000 kilos old, so I've stress-tested the bike for another 100 000 kilos, all seems fine.
It does have a bashplate, but I've removed the high bars and wide pegs.
It's also got a lot of stickers of where the bike has been. The buyer will probably want to replace the LeonDude stickers.
It does about 24 Kilos to the litre, but the oil usage is not so good, you have to keep your eye on the oil.
Eagle mike doo.
Original piston, I've only gone in deep enough to do the oil screen, doo and shim clearances. (All done with the help of Groenie, in his grudge.)
Bike curently shorts a handlebar grip, but I'll sort that, no problem.

Attachments

• KLR650_1.jpg
    KLR650_1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 804
  • KLR650_2.jpg
    KLR650_2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 800
  • KLR650_3.jpg
    KLR650_3.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 799