• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2006 DRZ400E - Sold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blauth

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
This normally happens just after I've done my budgets, panic and set aggressive targets for myself to get my financial safety buffer looking better.....then a few days later I come back down to earth.....  :eek7:

I've decided to sell my DRZ400E. It's a 2006 model. I've done about 2500km on it since I got it and it's an excellent dual purpose bike. In fact I just did a 700km ride this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am only selling it because I have some hefty expenses coming up in the next few months so need to get some cash to come in. You will see my Transalp will also appear here .....  ;)

Mileage: 20000km
Condition: Excellent condition.
Issues: right hand radiator is dented slightly but not leaking and not causing any problems. Broke key off in steering lock.
Tyres: D606 on the front @ 75%, something crappy at the back which is about 30%.
Last Service: New plug, oil filter, Motul oil, air filter cleaned 700km ago.
Price: R30k  (NOT NEGOTIABLE and no swaps)
Paperwork: All in order.
Extra's: Hyde bash plate, Acerbis hand guards, Tail Tidy, pro-Taper high rise fat bars.
Money to spend: Nothing really, maybe just get carb tuned a little better.

The things I've worked out on this bikes since I got it are:
- Fitted a tail tidy with LED rear tail light.
- Fitting working clocks. Still have the old one's which can probably be revived with some soldering work.
- Fitted new rear wheel bearings.
- Fitted some hand guards, repaired original mirror.
- Fitted new clutch
- Fitted new front 15 tooth sprocket. Gearing is 15/44 and is best compromise for dual sport riding. Chain and sprockets probably about half life generally speaking.
- Setup and tuned suspension properly
- Fitted D606 front tyre. The crappy one that the bike came with must go with the bike. It's still about 60%. Not even sure what it is.
- Spare indicator to match the rear indicators.

Note: The bike is in very good mechanical condition and the wheels have NO smileys.

Contact Barry: 0824506859

Attachments

• 20170709_105317_resized.jpg
    20170709_105317_resized.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 333
  • 20170701_105414.jpg
    20170701_105414.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 323