• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2009 model BMW G650 X Challenge for Sale : ((Reduced to R58 000))

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xchallenge

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zero (all models)
Hi guys

I've been thinking of selling my BMW G650 X Challenge, and getting a BMW G450X dirt bike instead.
The only reason I am selling is because at 70kg's and 1.75m I have finally realised that this bike is too big and heavy for me.

I've never owned any other bike before my X Challenge apart from a 1963 Vespa, so I think my transition was a bit big, ha ha.
I'm also going to have to buy a 2nd hand Trailer and Tow bar for the dirt bike, any advice on what a good price for a used one is?

If you are interested in my bike, please send me your email address, I'll send you loads more photos and you can see the details. When I get home tonight (provided its not dark or raining again, I will take close ups of the bike, showing the few scratches on the plastic and the dirty chain Im embarrassed I haven't cleaned in quite some time.

My bike was bought for R66 000 (the price list of R77 000 was reduced nationally at the time to try move sales) on the 22 Dec 08 from Northside Motorcycles in JHB and I registered it approx 14th Jan so its still an 09 model. I can email you a copy of the registration papers if you want.

I have just over 6000km on it, and its in top condition. Still another 4000km away from it's first service.
A few scractches on the plastics / decals, from the bike being too heavy I dropped it a few times on technical riding scenarios in the dirt, but no physical damage whatsoever, apart from the odd scratch on hand guards etc.

The few extras I have are basically Acerbis Hand Guards (R2000 from KTM), BMW Headlight Protector (R1000), BMW Luggage Rack (R1700), Michelin T63's Front and Back (R1500). I still have the brand new front and rear Metzelers which the bike came with which I will give you too, I needed a more aggressive offroad tyre so I changes them.

I'm in 2 minds about selling and I'm not prepared to compete with guys who have trashed their bikes and selling for under R50K. I'm also not prepared to do a trade in with BMW because the price they want to give me is a joke.

I'm selling for R60K with all the above extras. If you are still interested, send me a mail so I can send you pics, `Im in JHB, so unless you travel to JHB on business on travel regularly, it would help to sell to other provinces.

I regularly ride with other Wild Dogs with X Challenges should you need a reference on me (Jovan, 1wayray, and Katomic Joe)

Cheers
Dino
082 903 6881

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg