• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2013 KTM 500 EXC 6 Days - Info on Selling Price

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pieterdp

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I need some guidance regarding an asking price for roadworthy 2013 KTM 500 EXC 6 Days with about 180 hours (0 hours since Engine overhaul).

I have been using it less and less for the last few years due to work arrangements and have now been approached by an interested party who wants to buy it from me. The bike is currently in for a full engine overhaul (top and bottom) and scheduled to be ready (hopefully) by this weekend.

The problem is that I have NO idea what a fair asking price is and really hope that someone who recently sold one or was in the market for one, can advise. I have seen one ad on the net for R69k, but not sure whether that is a dealer price, including warrantees and stuff.

Cosmetically the bike is in good condition, with the odd few light body scratches from falling over in the veld - nothing significant. It has mainly be used for weekend dirt roads in the Dome area between Parys and Potchefstroom, but never any racing or serious off-road. The attached picture is the only one I could find in my disorganised filing system and is probably the worst of the playing done. I will post more pictures as soon as I receive the bike back.

Extras include a Scotts Steering Damper, Garmin GPS, foldable rearview mirrors, extra 12v socket and of course the usual road kit, including flickers, hooter, and am sure that I still have a set of tyres lying in the bike room. (I also have a long range tank, Giant Loop luggage bags, and a few other odds and ends. but this will probably be sold separately.)

I would really appreciate any guidance or suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• KTM 500 EXC 6 Days.jpg
    KTM 500 EXC 6 Days.jpg
    817.9 KB · Views: 332