• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2013 Suzuki DR650 for sale [SOLD]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUPTO

Pack Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
Hi all,

My 2013 DR650 is for sale. 13500km

R45 000.00 (ONCO)  Tel: 079 962 2990 or [email protected]

Extra's: IMS Long Range Tank, Ascerbis Brush Guards

The rest is standard.

I attach a walk-around video of the motorcycle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJbg4LTiGIo&authuser=0. NOTHING on the bike is broken, it has 2 or 3 scrapes on the oil filter cover and clutch cover. This was from a stationary topple. The bike has never been in an accident. All the buttons, knobs, dials(admittedly there are very few gizmos on a DR) and all the rest is in perfect working condition.  Other than that the bike is in as good a nick as you can expect of a 2.5 year old adventure bike. I have owned it since new. The original tank was on it for about two hours from Cape Town to Swellendam when I bought it, so this is As new.

I bought the bike for exactly the same reason you want one. Bulletproof reliability, easy maintenance and the ability to do field repairs met n stuk draad en n hamer, in the unlikely event that something goes wrong necessary.

The 1000km service was done at the Stealers, second service was done by me according to the Factory Service Manual. Everything checked out fine.

A couple of things to keep in mind before you buy a DR:
Wind protection is absolute shit, the home made screen I put on helps, but not much.
Comfortable cruising between 120 and 140km/h, it will go faster, but its hellishly uncomfortable.
I got around 20-25km/l fuel economy.
The seat is uncomfortable! After 2 hours I start getting monkey-butt.

One small issue: The starter motor makes a screeching sound when cold, sounds a bit like a strangled goose. According to the forum 'skinner' this is more of a feature of the DR than a fault, as they all do it. Read more about it here:  https://advrider.com/index.php?threads/dr650-noisy-starter.192856/
And I Quote: "I haven't heard of a DR650 starter that doesn't make this noise when it's cold out, but who knows."

I am looking to get R45 000, but seeing as it is quite an urgent sale, I am open to realistic, reasonable offers. Available for viewing in Swellendam, I am willing to scoot it up to Cape Town for serious interested parties.

A couple of selected DR650 quotes from various biking freds singing the laurels of the DR:

"That is an around the world bike ... and that type is getting scarce .... so buy it"

"dis die ding met n DR - ek is lief om aan bikes te werk, maar vir n DR sit jy meestal net en kyk want bitter min breek op hulle"

"and,  goddamit,  i loved that bike."

"Six DR's and 182000 km later and I have not experienced ONE problem. NOT ONE."

"Sure you know that DRs are not available new in SA anymore"

"Go for it! Late model, low km DRs are hen's teeth!"

"Die kanse dat n DR jou in die steek sal laat is feitlik zero"

"did not give me a days problems ever and i was hard on it"

Attachments

• $_20.JPG
    $_20.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 448
  • $_20 (2).JPG
    $_20 (2).JPG