3 quads & a plastic to Lesotho

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Had a chat to a friend of mine yesterday , We dont see one another often but have enjoyed riding weekends . Last ride was at MAC MAC Forest retreat , we all had quads and had a great time riding the forest roads , Since our last ride the concession to ride the forest has been canceled , He sold his quad and bought a two wheeler to ride with his son , who wanted to get into endures , I have not ridden my quad for close on two years , and with our chat I mentioned to him of the amazing ride reports on this forum done by guys such as Losper and others . Now we keen on a weekend to Lesotho to go offroad riding , but I need info .
Where is best to go , close to say Fouriesburg ? We plan to go for the long weekend in Aug , and I am aware it could still be very cold , Do we stay at Camel rock / or Ficksburg ?OR  book at AFRISKI / OXBOWLODGE?  and then most important question , If we stay SA side of the border how does one take the toys ac cross? or do we take them on the trailer and then park somewhere safe and go ride ?
if we do this where can we find safe parking /
last bit , riding cross country in LESOTHO WHAT IS THE PROTOCOL ? From 4x4 take it easy around villages and dont ride into planted fields , How is it done in Lesotho? dont want to be on the wrong side of the law! we could be 3 quads and maybe 2 plastics ,
Any and all advice welcome .