Another biker down this morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee eS

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
The Accident happened right across from the chicken pie place on the Hartebeespoort road. The rider on a white 1200 GS with CA plates went into the back of a BMW that had to brake for another vehicle. When I got there they already had his helmet off but the one lady had some medical training and took care of him until the paramedics arrived about 20 minutes later. According to a witness he took the rear window out with his head and then bounced about 1.5m into the air before he hit the road He was in severe pain but there was no external bleeding. I suspect that there may be a neck and or back injury with some broken ribs and maybe one or both wrists. The bike did not look too bad but both the forks were broken off from the top triple clamp. I helped  a biker who came back from some off-road race to load the bike on his trailer and left after the ambulance arrived. The rider was with a buddy who called his family. He seemed to be doing ok by the time I left.
Get well soon fellow biker!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD