Bike from Pretoria to Cape Town.... *** SORTED *** Moerse Thanks to WD's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Chaps - a long shot here.....

I bought Dipstick's little F650GS, which Kykdaar has very graciously taken and stored at his place in Pretoria.

Option 1:  XT JOE has offered to transport the bike for me to Epping - IF someone could get the bike to him in Boksburg!

Option 2:  A courier/bike transport company can do it - but it would cost close to R2000 - and with the money still to be spent on the bike - this pushes it well out of my budget!

Option 3: If someone has a trailer or bakkie coming down to Cape Town ........ I'm more than willing to hand over Mandela's to contribute to fuel and expenses.....

Option 4: I fly to JHB - rent a car - fetch the bike - put it on the Shozoloza Meyl to Cape Town...........  and use some of the time up in the North to go and visit my sister in Rustenburg...........

Option 5: I will pay the R630 return train ticket for someone willing to ride the bike down to the Cape. The rider can take 3, 4 days or even a bit longer if they want to "tour" and do a nice trip......... so effectively I'll supply the "rental bike" free of charge.......... just pay your own fuel!  :peepwall:

............ any other suggestions would be appreciated.....