• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bike wanted in Cape Town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R850GS
Hey,

I posted on the hubb but from reading posts there I thought I might have some luck here too...

I'm from Ireland, I just finished a bicycle trip from Cairo and I'm really sick of pedalling so I want to get a motorbike here in Cape Town for a month or so trip around the Southern coast to durban, perhaps mozambique, head to Joberg for a couple of weeks, sell the bike and head home.

To rent would cost 30-40k anyway. I find the forum hard to search for Cape town ads specifically so if anyone is selling a bike here for <50k rand please let me know. I'm looking for anything big enough to take me and a bag on an on-road trip comfortably and reliably. 650cc or so would be fine. If anyone has any suggestions of decent dealers in town or other tips for acquiring a bike for a non-resident, that would be awesome too.

cheers!
dar