Biker down N1 Cape Town this morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plaky

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I got to this bike accident just after it happened this morning just past the N7 bridge direction Cape Town. I am sure some of you must have seen it. A car moved into the fast lane and took a biker out quite badly. He hit the boot and back window of his car  together and threw him against the concrete barrier. The back window was shattered. We left him as is, as his leg and hip was very painful and his head was resting up against the concrete barrier still in his helmet. He was conscious and we were talking to him all the time. Poor guy just started a new job this week and now this happens. No medical aid so we arranged that they take him to Tygerberg Hospital as he lives in Parow. To all the bikers and WD members that stopped to check on him thanx very much. It was so nice to see everyone being concerned and if they could help. The driver of the cage looked very worried at the poor guy he had just knocked over and all the bikers that stopped. At one stage there must have been about 8 bikes parked. I wonder what he was thinking? The Netcare and ER24 paramedics were awesome, a big thanx to them as well. I left when they started treating him. I am proud to be part of the biker community in Cape Town to experience  what happened when someone needs help. I did not realize how many people commute to work in the mornings by bike, as I only see people at my time.  Travel safe guys as the weather is kak and cold!