• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BMW R SERIES - 1977 - R 100S Havanna Red - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
BMW R100S
Matching engine and frame numbers
1977 year of manufacture
The motorcycle  were collected in the Nelspruit(2014) then riden to JHB, where Cytech prepared it, and checked it over, at the time(JuLY 2014) AROUND 30K WERE SPENT ON THE SERVICING AND NECESSARY PARTS AND LABOUR)IN NOVEMBER 2014 I RETURNED FROM ABROAD, THEN ...
Riding via the Free State into the Eastern Cape to PE/, STOPPING AT A FRIEND IN PE, a fellow airhead  enthusiast and reputable tinkerer and with a BMW airhead collection like few in the world aka Volker Shroeer
Then onward ...
Following the N2  - Garden route and then through the Overberg before reaching CT

The motorcycle has done regular trips thereafter to the Overberg, And around the Western Cape.
The motorcycle has no oil leaks  - anywhere
It idles without spurts or stutters
There is no white or back smoke when she is fired up or ridden at any stage
The Clutch is new (BMW ) replaced -  Kingtek done the job
Update/upgraded regulator, as per Police bike spec. Charging is thus improved at tick over
New footrests (all around ) for the rider &passenger
New inner tubes

Carburettors serviced
New cables(throttle for both sides, new clutch cable )
New Fuel lines
New Fuel Taps
New plug wires
Peanut Valve covers replaced the originals that were in bad shape, those were put oN in JHB(Cytech)
Headbearings replaced, bike runs true, and is well behaved even on bad roads. No tank slappers!
Correct Voltmeter+Clock where acquired.
S - Fairing were sourced FROM (Volker /PE)  
She has been recently repainted by FDWorx(Freek de Villiers) ... He can also be asked about the bike if anyone wants to
Has two ignition keys
And original Lock that fits in the frame

For those in know perhaps its a bike that could find a good owner, for the rest maybe look elsewhere
The aim and task for me was to restore her, to put her back on the road where she belongs ... I prefer the original configuration of these bikes.
The Germans knew what they were doing, it takes more than average talent to improve on them.
May a future owner enjoy the bike, as it was meant ...

The mirror in the photos is just a temporary item, that will be changed
I d like to get 65 K

Kind Regard

Attachments

• _DSC4669-Edit.jpg
    _DSC4669-Edit.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 248
  • _DSC4676-2.jpg
    _DSC4676-2.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 245
  • _DSC5181-Edit.jpg
    _DSC5181-Edit.jpg