• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cagiva W8 project - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimjim

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
MZ (all models)
Cagiva W8 project bike for sale. What offers?

1990 Cagiva W8 125cc two-stroke (exact same engine as YZ Yamaha)
14 litre Acerbis tank
Brembo brakes front and rear
Front wheel: 21" on Akront rim and almost new Michelin Anakee 2 tyre
Rear wheel: 18" on Akrton rim on Maxis tyre with good tread
Front shocks: Marzocchi 40mm with 215mm (8.5 inches) travel
Rear shock: Boge with 270mm (10.6 inches) travel
Ground clearance: 280mm (11 inches)
Licensed (although behind since April 2016)

Bought the bike because of the good frame/parts specs with the idea to fit a larger engine. The good lad from who I bought it kindly filled the tank but, I think, forgot to add two-stroke oil to the petrol and I burnt the piston on the way home. (The engine oil level was fine and no damage to the ends.) He had the barrel honed (I think that is what it is called) and I bought a new Yamaha piston and rings (still in the box). I started stripping the bike to give it a good work-though but never got round to finishing it. I had the steel swingarm sandblasted and powder coated.

The bike needs to be put together again. Four things needed: headlight bulb, rear flickers (I used it on another bike), chain and suspension link bearings (they're rusted).

This is the ideal for a dad-and-son project or if this kind of thing is up your street.

I am in the northern suburbs of the mother city of the old cape colony.

Images of the bike when I got it and the sellers ad back in 2013.

Attachments

• Cagiva W8 125 - 2.jpg
    Cagiva W8 125 - 2.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 486
  • Cagiva W8 125.jpg
    Cagiva W8 125.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 485
  • Cagiva W8 ad.jpg
    Cagiva W8 ad.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 488