Control disassembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1000032917.jpg
Anyone have any idea how to remove this switch from the control unit? It's the ignition switch and the kill switch is the red part around it. Kill switch can be pushed left or right and ignition switch can only be pressed down and comes back up on its own.

I've checked every angle on this control unit and this is the only switch, it seems, which is preventing the black cover around the switches from being removed.

Switch is sticky as previous owner did not really care for the motorcycle and I would like to clean it ouy instead of spending R2800 on a new control unit. Seems a bit of a waste of money to replace it if the rest of the unit works fine and a good clean can solve the problem.

Any info welcome. I've tried pulling on it but fear it will break. I can't see any other way it could be removed other than pulling on it but would rather confirm than break it.

2008 F800GS is the model. Only the later version control units seem to pop up online when searching.