David Harris from Overland Motorrad in ICU / Fundraiser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlatan

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
I was shocked to read that David's in ICU after a bike accident. Really nice guy, hope he gets through this OK - does anyone have an update?

From a Backabuddy campaign started for him (not by me): https://www.backabuddy.co.za/champion/project/david-harris-5448296438226267314
David Harris owns & operates a motorcycle workshop and adventure touring business, based in the southern suburbs of Cape Town. He is well known in the motorcycling community and is known to extend much "charity" assistance when needed to hard-up bikers to keep them going. There is a long-suffering group that puts up with his and his partner's breakfast buns and coffee most Saturday mornings at the workshop. Now HE needs our help after an accident that has put him on a hospital ICU ventilator to give his punctured lung time to fix. Its understood a SUV executed a sudden u-turn across his path on a busy main road, leaving him no time or room to avoid. Once that recovers they will attend to his fractured cheek and orbital area (swollen brain), broken wrists, shoulders, many soft tissue injuries and his lower spine......the extent of this and other injuries are unknown right now. He is under sedation now to cope with the pain he must surely be suffering. All going well he could be out of action for quite a few months and will lose income (maybe his business) to support his partner.....never mind the medical costs for treatment and rehabilitation to bring him back to being the popular caring person and member of the local motorcycling fraternity that he is. Its believed his motorcycle is beyond repair and uninsured. I appeal to all fellow motorcyclists out there to assist as you are able to. No amount will be too small. The stated fund-raising target is purely a guess because I do not know David's situation details but I do believe he needs all the help he can get.