Day 2 Part 1 Travel log Swellendam to Seweweekspoort via Garcia pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droffarc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X
Day 2 Part 1
Departing from my camp site in Swellendam I made off to Heidelberg for a breakfast.
From there on to the Garcia pass (one of my favourites) for some aerial footage and to check my old hidden campsite. By then it was rather hot, and I made the mistake of not having any liquid refreshment. I made another mistake by electing to make for Ladismith which is not a very interesting road. On arrival I was as parched as an old newspaper-drank 750ml of cold water in one gulp- steam breaking on my brow.
Pressed on to the settlement of Zoar and the turnoff for the dirt road to the Seweweekspoort. I hope they never tar this road- it will lose all it's charm.
I stopped at the Tierkloof dam where legend has it mermaids are to be found. I have slept there on several occasions but have never encountered a single mermaid or even a married one.
In the heat of the day the running water was very inviting.

next back to Zoar and Calitzdorp andthe Huisriver pass and then the worst part of the trip - to Oudtshoorn.

Music: Tricks n tips in a jam