Excellent customer service - Sharing Roads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi All

I am not a difficult customer as my previous experience in sales helped me understand how challenging the job can be.
However, I have come across a situation where I have to share excellent service news in the hope that everyone can one day benefit.

I made contact with Douglas from Sharing Roads about 2 weeks back. I was undecided about a new topbox that I wanted which I have been trying to make time to research for about 3 months now (talk about priorities).

Once decided, I sent Douglas a mail on Thursday evening with the details of what I wanted (box, mounting brackets and backrest). It was the Givi TRK 46N.
He responses on Friday evening with an invoice, advising that he will deliver on Tuesday. I made payment on Sunday night, and he confirmed receipt on Monday morning.

As promised, Douglas arrived at 10h30 at my office on Tuesday morning with the good. He sent me a message when he was outside waiting.
When trying to fit the mounting bracket on Tuesday night, I realized that there were no instructions. Within 30 mins of sending Douglas a text message, I had fitting instructions in my mail box.

After fitting the bracket, I realized that the supplied bracket was not the one that I wanted as it did not look great on the bike. I contact Douglas on Wednesday morning informing him of this. Two days later, he has responded with confirmation that he has an alternate bracket for me, which he will be delivering at a specific date. All I need to do is pay a difference for cost of the bracket (which is not a problem at all).

Point of the story: We just do not get service like this in South Africa anymore, so this is a great example of the few good sales people that are around.

@ Douglas from Sharing Roads (https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=10020): I am happy to be a reference customer any time and will definitely be placing orders with you in the near future.

BTW, I love the Givi TRK46N. It looks better than the previous Givi that I had on :)