F800GS engine cut-out during ride, now won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben-57

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Hi fellow Dogs.  I have searched this forum for hours and found some clues, but let me ask again:

Was riding on Sunday and after about 35 kilos, bike stuttered in third gear as if it wanted to die.  Immediately corrected itself and ran normally again.  About a kilo further, just as I geared down from fourth to third, the engine cut out completely = 100% dead.  Battery is strong (nearly new), fuel nearly full,  starter works and engine swings but does not fire.  If I switch the bike on, all seems normal = speedo & rev-counter needles swing and returns, all warning lights light up and goes out on the dash, no EWS or any message in the display window.  What the hell could be wrong?  Fuel starvation (pump); EWS; electrical, etc.  Where do I start, or do I just take it to nearest BMW dealer (eina...)

Needless to say that my Sunday was crap.  Had to call for assistance,  bike on trailer back home, missed the WSBK racing and my dearest GS is dead...
Forgot to mention = 2009 model