• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold For Sale - 2002 HondaXR650R.......SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I have thought long and hard about this , and have decided to part ways with my beloved XR. I have owned this bike for a good few years and It has served me well. I would say this is probably the best bike I have owned, by a long way. Its pretty much standard, and has the relevant bangs and scrapes for a bike of its age.

I bought a KTM525 at the begining of last year and the Honda has done pretty much zero miles since then, apart from a trip across Lesotho in December with my Norwegian BIL. He is a complete novice and rode very well considering. But .....in the process managed to ding the bike quite well. The top left subframe mount has broken and will need a repair. He also managed to break off the rear caliper, so then theres that. The bike is quite tall and with his legs being too short, led to quite a few tip over spills in the rocks, which resulted in the damage. Thankfully no crashes at speed.

I would prefer to repair the bike myself and keep it, as its just such a pleasure to ride. Anyone who owns a BRP can attest to this.
However, I injured my back at the begining of the year and have done no riding at all since my December Lesotho ride. so who knows when I will get to ride properly again. Having the 525 standing, as well as the Honda sitting around, I know its going to be ages before I get around to any sort of maintenance/repair work. I would rather see her go to a new home and be used as it should be

Apart from the two repairs needed, this bike runs beautifully. I had the suspension serviced at TBR Suspension in Hilton just before we rode Lesotho as well as replaced the clutch and decomp cables . New chain and sprockets, oil and Filter, check the tappets, etc etc. I have serviced this bike regularly, when I was riding it. and would change the oil and filter every 1000 kms, or if it was a very dusty ride, i would change the oil before the next one. The right hand footpeg bolts are a known weak point and are known to break off in the frame. It happened to the previous owner just before I bought it, and since I have owned it, I change the bolts out when I do the oil changes. Its probably not necessary, but its quick enough to do.

A few pics from our trip to give you an Idea what the bike looks like. I will have to take some pics of what repairs are needed and post them in here when I get a gap.

Youre welcome to get in touch on whatsapp. My number is 08for fivtoofiv 65oh6

Attachments

• GX010429.jpg
    GX010429.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • GX010416.jpg
    GX010416.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230102_090258.jpg
    IMG_20230102_090258.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator: