• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS Helmet: Schuberth M1 PRO (L) - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NearlyThere

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Bought this helmet from Trac-Mac in November 2019. I wanted an open face helmet I could use on my scooter, but something safer than the typical open face lid.

Besides one issue which I'll address a little later, this is one of the best helmets I've ever owned. It's beautifully made and finished - easily on a par with my Arai X4. The large clear visor really keeps the wind off your face and it's surprisingly quiet given the open face configuration. Both the clear visor and the drop down sun shield are high optic quality - no distortion. The helmet is pre-wired with mic and headphones for a plug&play Schuberth SRC system (I don't have this unit).

It's great in hot weather as the helmet breathes really well. Using it on the scoot, the fastest I've ever gone wearing it is around 115 and it was very comfortable at this speed.

As you can see in the one image, there are some small scuff marks on the back of the helmet. I've never dropped the helmet so I can only assume these marks were made when the helmet was stored under my scooter seat. The two visors are as new. Due to lock down, I didn't use the helmet much during 2020 as the scooter was in storage for much of that year.

So why am I selling it? It's too small. I wear an XL helmet and this is a large. At the time of purchase they didn't have an XL in stock and the L seemed larger than others so I told myself that I could 'wear' it in. That hasn't happened. After half an hour of wearing it, I get a moerse headache and compression marks on my forehead that take hours to fade.

I see they're selling for R7k these days. I'd be very happy to get somewhere in the R2k range. I'd also be willing to look at swapping this unit for an XL helmet of similar type, age, condition and quality.

Trac-Mac description:
The versatile M1 is the world`s first helmet to feature a built-in boomless
microphone and speakers straight from the factory. Just snap in the SRC
communications system and you`ll be able to enjoy crystal clear audio
from your phone, music player, GPS unit or other communications
systems. The M1 also features a seamless, breathable "Ultrasound" liner
to keep riders cool and comfortable, and an aerodynamic and lightweight
shape for world-class performance.

Features:
•  Aerodynamic optical class 1 face shield
• Pinlock-ready anti-fog face shield features HalfMaxVison technology
• Integrated internal sun shield
• Optimized aero acoustics
• Breathable, moisture wicking, antibacterial liner is fully removable
• Pre-installed microphone and speakers for snap-in SRC system (sold separately)

Attachments

• csm_M1Pro-Triple-Red-90_d3b4810dd5.png
    csm_M1Pro-Triple-Red-90_d3b4810dd5.png
    347.3 KB · Views: 283
  • Schuberth-M1-Pro-Motorcycle-Helmet-Review-7.jpg
    Schuberth-M1-Pro-Motorcycle-Helmet-Review-7.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_4492.JPG
    IMG_4492.JPG
    263.7 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_4493.JPG
    IMG_4493.JPG