Givi Aluminium Luggage plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
I bought a F800GS with the Givi outback Trekker Topbox mounted on the SRA5103 aluminium baseplate.

Givi has a handy system where most of their boxes are interchangeable to their baseplates.

The SRA5103 has a max weight load of 6kg. Paired with the trekker topbox, it reduces to the effective capacity to about 4kg. Ask anyone the tours, and 4kg in a topbox is basically fark-all. Which bring me to my situation: The aly plate on my bike has fractured, broken and deterioirated beyond use. I went online to source a replacement, and to my shock, this little piece of plate, costs bout R3k (if you can find stock)

I have been in contact with the local distributors to try and find a solution, and was suggested to use the E194_K94 plastic plate, that has no stated maximum carrying capacity, and seems to be the better option in the long run.

So off I go online again, and the suppliers have trade restrictions on supplying south africa directly.

The advise from the local importer: look on our website for the local suppliers and contact them to secure stock. ( Half of which, have outdated email addresses listed)

What I am basically trying to get at, is be aware of purchasing a Givi Trekker outback topbox paired with the aluminium plate, as you will run into trouble down the line, with no local backup (as with 90% of the local market with sole distributor agreements)

I am having my plate re-inforced with an aly welder, hopefully my top box and it's content does not end up on some road somewhere in South Africa.