Help, my AT parts chucked off SAA flight...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Hi All,       

Story as follows.

I brought my AT's engine casings and crank down with me  :dousing:to SA on the plane to PE via Jhb. Got them sent to Superfoxi's connection, Tim, for checking of big-end bearings. Casings were stuffed so got a set from Superfoxi that Tim checked and installed new bearings to match crank etc.
My wife was visiting the daughter in CT so was the perfect chance to get my casings brought back to Tanzania.
She complained like hell at the weight, but dutifully loaded all up and booked them in at CT airport. Moments before boarding my wife's name was called out to report to baggage desk, where she was told the suitcase and spares had been removed from the flight as they were supposedly magnetic and car engine parts. Of course there was no time to stand and argue! :xxbah:

Now without going into the restricted baggage argument etc, the long and the tall of it is I will need a lift for this suitcase from CT to Jhb, Bloubossrand. I can see my attempts to get SAA to see reason are already falling on deaf ears, even though the same items were booked onto SAA flights with no hassles from Tanzania to PE.

SO....is there anyone who can help?? I am willing to accept a reasonable charge for a door-to-door service. ;D

Cheers

Steve