Hi - from Scotland

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi all,

First, thanks to the moderators for approving my registration. While originally from Ireland, I've lived in Scotland for nearly 30 years and have been riding bikes on the road for 20 of those - my main bike being a 2013 BMW R1200GS - but don't judge me too harshly yet. When I was younger I did do a fair bit of mountain biking. At the tender age of 47 1/2 I've decided to turn from Adventure Book Reader to Adventure Bike Rider. So, in the past week I've packed up a G310GS with Rally Raid upgrades into a crate and it should hopefully arrive in Cape Town in early March when I'll join it and hopefully spend ~3 months touring, camping, and tackling as many of the mountain passes that my (lack of but hopefully improving) skills allow. When I work it out properly, I'll put some route info into the appropriate forum and possibly you guys and gals will be so kind as to can shake your head at my naivety and stop me from being overly stupid - I should warn you however that I am long practised at that so you may have a challenge  ....

Right that's rather more long winded than intended so ... hello!

SilverSurferToo aka Stephen aka Spud