• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I'm Selling my 990 Adv :-(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EATMYKTM.

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Hi Dawg's
Since purchasing my 950 SE-R, I have decided in order to fully utilize it to the utmost, i must sell my 990 Adv.
Now for those of you that don't know, McDonalds as I named him, and I have had a blast over the last 5 years, averaging 18000km per annum.
We've toured some of Southern Africa, most of RSA, been to every Rallye Raid and done a lot of Enduro type weekends.
I've used him for what he was designed, hence the fact that he has a lot of battle scars and he has blown me away with what he can achieve.
He was my first KTM and I decided to buy him new as I was dubious about the reliability issue. I shouldn't have worried.
He's been serviced religiously, using only KTM recommended parts and oils, pads and spares.
He has only had one issue at 20000km, where the clutch basket ground into the casing and that was sorted under warranty, chop chop. Since then he has never let me down and I trust him with my wife and my life on seriously backroad trips.
Details
Bought in February 2007 from Nelspruit KTM (thanks Hennie for the best service!)
90 000km currently
Extras:
Steering damper
Excel front rim
Handle bar risers
Accelerator module
BMC washable air filter
Fork bleeders
Motorradical bash plate
Carbon clutch protector
Luggage plate
Yoshimura Titanium exhaust pipes
Orange Hyde headlight protector
HID headlight
Racestar Graffix sticker kit
Crash bars – worn well!

I have Hilton Hayward progressive front springs with MAJOR internal work, but a mate wants them, so he will get standard front forks installed. Unless...$$$

What do you reckon he is worth?
I rode him this morning to RAD in order to collect my SE and though once or twice that I must be mad to sell such an amazing machine! However the world keeps turning and I think there is a Dog out there that would get far better use out of him than I currently do. He's been ridden 4 times since I got my SE-R 3 months ago!

I'll post some close ups soon. Here are two at Rallye Raid Wild Coast.

Attachments

• IMG-20120526-00287 (800x600).jpg
    IMG-20120526-00287 (800x600).jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG-20120526-00289 (800x600).jpg
    IMG-20120526-00289 (800x600).jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 351