ITS BLOKEN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Some time ago I had , what turned into a race up the Krugersdorp hill , past Silver star with a BM XR1000. Chasing thru the gears , held him but thought there was something wrong with my bike , felt like it was hitting rev limiter , but at like 8k rpm . shrugged it off and MR XR was impressed , he did not think the 1190 would hold him , also made an excuse that he was 2 up 🥳
On Sunday, we had had a nice breakfast ride , bike ran like Austrian clockwork , had a chance to let the big dogs run and again it would run out of power ( rev limiter) at 8k rpm , was a little confused and made a mental note to ask my son about this . On my way home it got way worse , would run under soft throttle , a little excitement would have the motor bog down , like running out of fuel , NEWSFALSH , can only be the teabag filter , its blocked , or semi blocked and not letting the pump get its full quota of go juice . Ordered a new filter set and will install tonight . last was fitted at 30K KILO closing in on 70k KILO so 40k on the filter , recommended is 15k intervals .
Just for the record , my 06 SUZUKI GSXR1000 K6 has over 100k kilo on clock , never needed a fuel filter , and a twist of the wrist will send you into warp drive .